Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChamberNut

Pizazz and Beatrice, our 2 dogs

John Copeland

Quote from: Mark on July 28, 2008, 02:19:13 PM
For those who don't know, the mugshot is my own. ;)

Me too. 
But I am still convinced this is Mark doing some work on the side:

Opus106

Quote from: ChamberNut on August 25, 2008, 06:40:13 PM
Pizazz and Beatrice, our 2 dogs

Cute. Never seen those two before.  :)
Regards,
Navneeth

mn dave

Cute doggies, Chamber. You should keep that avatar a while. :)

Mine is the Mael brothers (Sparks).

Don

Mine is my little brother.

ChamberNut

Quote from: mn dave on August 26, 2008, 07:08:41 AM
Cute doggies, Chamber. You should keep that avatar a while. :)

Brahms' will be on vacation for awhile.  0:)

George

Quote from: ChamberNut on August 26, 2008, 08:06:58 AM
Brahms' will be on vacation for awhile.  0:)

MN has already tripled the length of time holding his previous avatar.  ;D

Mark G. Simon

This is me playing bass clarinet in the Ochestra of the Southern Finger Lakes on March 4, 2007. Dvorak's The Noonday Witch and Mussorgsky/Ravel Pictures at an Exhibition were on the program.

ezodisy

Ascension Church in Kolomenskoye, somewhere outside Moscow. It's on UNESCO's World Heritage list, and apparently was built "to celebrate the birth of the prince who was to become Tsar Ivan IV ('the Terrible')." The big picture with snow is nice.

Drasko

Quote from: ezodisy on August 27, 2008, 11:04:47 PM
Ascension Church in Kolomenskoye, somewhere outside Moscow. It's on UNESCO's World Heritage list, and apparently was built "to celebrate the birth of the prince who was to become Tsar Ivan IV ('the Terrible')." The big picture with snow is nice.

Coincidentally I was watching Eisenstein's Ivan last night and they used the church as exterior in some scenes. Here are screenshots, not the best quality:

ezodisy

Quote from: Drasko on August 28, 2008, 02:27:46 AM
Coincidentally I was watching Eisenstein's Ivan last night and they used the church as exterior in some scenes. Here are screenshots, not the best quality:

That's interesting. I still haven't seen that film....By the way, how do you capture screenshots of a film?

ChamberNut

Quote from: Mark G. Simon on August 27, 2008, 04:34:24 PM
This is me playing bass clarinet in the Ochestra of the Southern Finger Lakes on March 4, 2007. Dvorak's The Noonday Witch and Mussorgsky/Ravel Pictures at an Exhibition were on the program.

Mark, you would seriously be my wife's hero  :)  She played bass clarinet in high school, and loved it!  She wishes she hadn't stop playing it.....but is thinking of taking it up again.  0:)

Both those wonderful works have some great material for the bass clarinet.  :)

lukeottevanger

Quote from: ezodisy on August 28, 2008, 04:18:41 AM
That's interesting. I still haven't seen that film....By the way, how do you capture screenshots of a film?

I suppose it depends on how one is viewing it; on one of the program on my computer you simply press C whilst the film is paused. But the other more usual methods of screen-capturing work too.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: lukeottevanger on August 28, 2008, 04:27:24 AM
I suppose it depends on how one is viewing it; on one of the program on my computer you simply press C whilst the film is paused. But the other more usual methods of screen-capturing work too.

What is your avatar, btw, Luke?!
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

lukeottevanger

Some mountain I'm obsessed with; linked to the piece I'm writing, in fact.

Lilas Pastia

Quote from: lukeottevanger on August 28, 2008, 04:33:07 AM
Some mountain I'm obsessed with; linked to the piece I'm writing, in fact.

Shades of Close encounters Of The Third Kind ?

lukeottevanger

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on August 28, 2008, 05:18:38 AM
Shades of Close encounters Of The Third Kind ?

Ha! Never thought of it like that!  ;D

Lilas Pastia

How strange! Ever since you adopted it I had that in mind  ;)

ezodisy

Quote from: lukeottevanger on August 28, 2008, 04:27:24 AM

Print-Screen doesn't work while the film is playing. I found a page which suggested disabling "use overlays" in Windows Media Player but that didn't work, neither did disabling video acceleration. I think I'm doing something incorrectly so will try again this evening.