Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtwilbanks

Quote from: Bogey on May 19, 2007, 02:31:53 PM
By the way Dave, wasn't it you that used to come hard with the classic monsters from the Universal Library (and I'll include Chaney Sr. here for fun)?  Those were sweet!

That was me. My current avatar is just as scary methinks. ;)

George

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 19, 2007, 02:18:48 PM
I know, but why...?

1. back in the day I didn't know how to do images.

2. Rob had a number of images on the old GMG for people like me.

3. I searched them and chose the Ernie, because Sesame Street was a big part of my life growing up. I'm more of a Bert than an Ernie, therefore I thought it would be fun to be Ernie for awhile.

George

Quote from: Bogey on May 19, 2007, 02:27:13 PM
We should just wait for George to chime in....nah....I believe that Ernie was to him back in the day, as Richter is to him now, that is, just a favorite from his childhood.  I even remember changing mine to Bert for a few days.... ;D

Good times.  :)

dtwilbanks

George

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 19, 2007, 03:00:51 PM
Changed for Bill.

Let me guess, vacationing in Lake Michigan last year?  ;D

dtwilbanks

Quote from: George on May 19, 2007, 03:05:54 PM
Let me guess, vacationing in Lake Michigan last year?  ;D

:P

Bogey

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 19, 2007, 03:00:51 PM
Changed for Bill.

That may be one of the best designs that Universal put out Dave....though there was not a weak one in my books.  I do not believe that The Creature was designed by makeup artist Jack Pierce.  I believe that he was let go from Universal before this one started.  Maybe you can correct me on this point.  No matter, Pierce was DA MAN! and the Creature design was top-shelf, no matter who came up with it.  I happen to have (bragging tone engaged) an autographed picture from Ben Chapman....neat stuff.

I have Photo #3

http://www.the-reelgillman.com/store/gillstore.html
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

dtwilbanks

Quote from: Bogey on May 19, 2007, 03:18:28 PM
I do not believe that The Creature was designed by makeup artist Jack Pierce.  I believe that he was let go from Universal before this one started.  Maybe you can correct me on this point. 

A little internet research and I find the name "Bud Westmore."

Not sure how accurate that is.

Bogey

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 19, 2007, 03:28:44 PM

I'll dig around starting with that name.  Thanks!
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 19, 2007, 03:28:44 PM

Looks like he did all three Creature films....and the Abbott and Costello Meet ____________ films as well.  Nice little resume of work:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0922863/

It might say on the Creature DVD set if he came up with the design or simply carried it out....good excuse to give those another viewing. ;D

gomro

It's my conception of the dream that led to Stockhausen's infamous Helicopter String Quartet, drawn with some sort of freebie art program stuff given me by the bro-in-law.

Hollywood

Love your avatar Dave. It reminds me of the first Pez dispenser I ever bought back in 1965 which I still have to this day and keep in a display box hanging on my wall.

"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Bogey

Quote from: Hollywood on May 19, 2007, 11:03:48 PM
Love your avatar Dave. It reminds me of the first Pez dispenser I ever bought back in 1965 which I still have to this day and keep in a display box hanging on my wall.

As you should Hollywood, as that dispenser went for over $320 on EBAY!

dtwilbanks

Quote from: Hollywood on May 19, 2007, 11:03:48 PM

Very cool, Hollywood!

carlos

Great Fritz,warmest of violinists. Y love him and
all his works.
Piantale a la leche hermano, que eso arruina el corazón! (from a tango's letter)

Haffner

My angel, my All, my other self.

Harry

Quote from: Haffner on May 20, 2007, 08:03:58 AM

This she is also huh.
From my private collection! ;D

George

Quote from: Haffner on May 20, 2007, 08:03:58 AM

She's still your girlfriend, right?  ;D

dtwilbanks

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.

:P