Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethevich

Quote from: ezodisy on August 30, 2008, 04:51:08 AM
Print-Screen doesn't work while the film is playing. I found a page which suggested disabling "use overlays" in Windows Media Player but that didn't work, neither did disabling video acceleration. I think I'm doing something incorrectly so will try again this evening.

Try VLC media player, which has an inbuilt screencap feature. VLC can often play files that WMP has trouble with, so it's useful to keep around...
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

lukeottevanger

For a long time, Print Screen hasn't worked on my computer - perhaps that may be the problem you're having. Currently I use MWSnap 3, though only because it's the first bit of freeware I found which isn't time-limited. I would imagine you'd be able to use this to take screenshots of a film (I know it works on my PC)

ezodisy

Quote from: Lethe on August 30, 2008, 04:54:17 AM
Try VLC media player, which has an inbuilt screencap feature. VLC can often play files that WMP has trouble with, so it's useful to keep around...

I've been using VLC for a year or two but wasn't aware of this. Thank you very much, it works perfectly. I wanted to take a screenshot of a recent film and use it as my desktop wallpaper but unfortunately it doesn't look right. Pic attached.

Thanks Luke. VLC is very simple for this.

Bogey

Just in time for the Halloween season: Bogart in The Return of Dr. X.  I believe it his only "true" attempt at the horror genre (I'll have to check his extremely early work).  I guess Karloff was wanted, but not available.  In short, they should have waited for Boris.  
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

ChamberNut

George

The Last of the Famous International Playboys AKA Born Again Atheist AKA Ringleader of the Tormentors AKA

Stephen Patrick Morrissey  8) 

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

ChamberNut

Quote from: opus67 on September 10, 2008, 11:14:03 AM
I, for one, want the cute dogs back.  $:)

:D

They'll be back in the rotation some day.   0:)

Keemun

Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

ChamberNut

Quote from: Keemun on September 10, 2008, 06:47:31 PM
Funny, he doesn't look like Sibelius.  :D

Gasp!  Keemun, bite your tongue young lad!  :-X   :D

In all fairness, I'm not much familiar with Sibelius' tone poems, and everything else in general.  I will visit his works thoroughly some day.

Haffner

Quote from: ChamberNut on September 11, 2008, 04:21:11 AM

In all fairness, I'm not much familiar with Sibelius' tone poems, and everything else in general.  I will visit his works thoroughly some day.

But for now you have Richard Strauss, a tremendous composer with a wealth of astoundingly well crafted Tone Poems!

Keemun

Quote from: ChamberNut on September 11, 2008, 04:21:11 AM

At 33 I'm not sure I'm eligible for the young lad category.  8) 

I'm much more familiar with Sibelius' tone poems that Strauss', which is why I thought of Sibelius when I read "Mr. Tone Poem".
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

ChamberNut

Quote from: Keemun on September 11, 2008, 05:37:29 AM
At 33 I'm not sure I'm eligible for the young lad category.  8) 

I'm much more familiar with Sibelius' tone poems that Strauss', which is why I thought of Sibelius when I read "Mr. Tone Poem".

We are almost the same age, and I still consider myself a young lad  8)

;)

Keemun

Quote from: ChamberNut on September 11, 2008, 06:09:10 AM
We are almost the same age, and I still consider myself a young lad  8)

;)

Yes, I suppose it's all relative. :) 

Opus106

Some of the past few posts lend itself nicely to yet another (possibly done-to-death) poll topic. :D

Mr. Tone Poem 1885

The Finalists

Herr Strauss, what would you do if you were crowned Mr. Tone Poem?

Of course, Liszt was too old then to be standing on stage for an extended period of time.

Regards,
Navneeth

Keemun

Will there be a swimsuit contest?  If so, I think I'll avoid that thread.  8)

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Haffner

Quote from: Keemun on September 11, 2008, 06:40:38 AM
Will there be a swimsuit contest?  If so, I think I'll avoid that thread.  8)

"Und now vee haff Meester Rikart Shtrauss, bedeck'd in one of this fall's most stunningly alluring Teddys..."

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

OK, let's change the plan. My vote goes for a "Haffner girl vs. Haffner girl" swimsuit contest. KEEMUN! Still here?
I like the Sibelius decadent picture so much. It goes well with the situation here. He looks like "Ah great, the strippers arrive, Yeah, fun, let's just drink some champagne and smoke expensive cigars ..."
I'll still have to listen to all the Strauss Tone Poems one day ... I know all Sibelius ones. Who's the third guy on the opus67 pictures? Young Liszt?