Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 21, 2009, 06:44:26 AM
No, no. I meant my avatar changes so often, what's the point?
[emphasis mine]

That is exactly the point. You change it so often, that you need to keep informing people what the new one is about. :P This thread was made for you.
Regards,
Navneeth

George

Quote from: opus67 on March 21, 2009, 07:42:08 AM
[emphasis mine]

That is exactly the point. You change it so often, that you need to keep informing people what the new one is about. :P This thread was made for you.

If Dave's avatar remained the same for more than a few days, I wouldn't recognize him.  ;D

Dr. Dread

<--- no explanation required  8)

Opus106

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 21, 2009, 07:44:12 AM
<--- no explanation required  8)

No, sir, I'm afraid it does. :(
Regards,
Navneeth

Dr. Dread

Quote from: opus67 on March 21, 2009, 07:46:38 AM
No, sir, I'm afraid it does. :(

Bob Dylan - Nashville Skyline

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

Dr. Dread

Opus106

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 21, 2009, 07:50:12 AM
Sometimes I forget how old I am.  ;D

:D Nah, it's just that I'm more familiar with Dittersdorf than Dylan.
Regards,
Navneeth

Haffner

Quote from: knight on March 21, 2009, 07:31:31 AM
Do you know: were you ever dropped on your head when you were young?

Mike

Yeah...so?  ;D ;D ;D

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: George on March 21, 2009, 07:29:48 AM
I used to change mine because it was fun. Now I'd really love to find one to stick with.  :-\

Excellent  8)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Bogey

Quote from: George on March 21, 2009, 07:29:48 AM
I used to change mine because it was fun. Now I'd really love to find one to stick with.  :-\

B&W Richter looking up or the Stevie Wonder one worked the best IMO.  The George Harrison looking out the window also makes the cut here.  I am going to try to keep the one I have for a calendar year (riiiiiiiiight).
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

karlhenning

Quote from: Bogey on March 21, 2009, 09:40:52 AM
. . . I am going to try to keep the one I have for a calendar year (riiiiiiiiight).

I like it!

Dr. Dread

B&W Richter looking up or the Stevie Wonder one worked the best IMO.  The George Harrison looking out the window also makes the cut here.  I am going to try to keep the one I have for a calendar year (riiiiiiiiight).

What is it?

Bogey

Gil Grissom from CSI, Dave.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on March 21, 2009, 09:19:25 AM
Excellent  8)

Sarge

Am I the only one that pictured this when they read the above?  ;D

George

B&W Richter looking up or the Stevie Wonder one worked the best IMO.  The George Harrison looking out the window also makes the cut here. 

Since this is a classical forum, I am trying to stick to classical artists. (I know, Woodstock never recorded for DG  ;D) This kinda rules out Stevie as a permanent avatar, but then it is very cool. That and the Richter one are very dark, something I didn't really like. The new one makes me feel warm inside when I see it.

Jay F

Opus106

Quote from: George on March 21, 2009, 12:06:40 PM

Heh... no. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Jay F

Quote from: George on March 21, 2009, 12:06:40 PM
Not at all. THE SIMPSONS is part of the culture. I was watching an episode of something a week ago or so, and one of the characters said "excellent" in full Mr. Burns mode, i.e., with hand signals, and it was funny. No one commented further. No CSI-style overexposition ("You know. Homer's boss. On THE SIMPSONS"). The moment came and went, and either you got it or you didn't. I loved it.