Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay F

Quote from: George on March 21, 2009, 12:10:30 PM
Since this is a classical forum, I am trying to stick to classical artists. (I know, Woodstock never recorded for DG  ;D) This kinda rules out Stevie as a permanent avatar, but then it is very cool. That and the Richter one are very dark, something I didn't really like. The new one makes me feel warm inside when I see it.
I wonder how many days you could stick with one avatar, George. This one (Woodstock and Snoopy) would be a nice place to start.

George

John Michael Stipe, ca 1982?, voice for R.E.M.

greg

Quote from: knight on March 21, 2009, 07:31:31 AM
Do you know: were you ever dropped on your head when you were young?

Mike
Please rephrase that sentence- it was too complex for my mind to understand.

Kullervo

Quote from: Gay Cuban Communist on March 22, 2009, 08:24:40 PM

You baby noggin go boom boom, make dum dum?

springrite

For some reason I couldn't get mine to show, after several attempts. So my avatar for now is X.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

sul G

Quote from: George on March 21, 2009, 07:27:31 PM
John Michael Stipe, ca 1982?, voice for R.E.M.

Yes, I think that's 82. A really nice photo shoot, that one, IIRC, if, as I think it is, it's the one with Stipe in a tin bath at one point. Or am I misremembering?

George

Quote from: sul G on March 23, 2009, 11:49:19 AM
Yes, I think that's 82. A really nice photo shoot, that one, IIRC, if, as I think it is, it's the one with Stipe in a tin bath at one point. Or am I misremembering?

The poster it was taken from has a big window with 4 panes, two on top of two others, one member of the band in each pane. I don't recall the one of Stipe in a bath. 

knight66

Quote from: Gay Cuban Communist on March 22, 2009, 08:24:40 PM

I think youi told us all we need to know.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

greg

Quote from: Corey on March 23, 2009, 02:23:17 AM
You baby noggin go boom boom, make dum dum?
Uh huh, head head go hurt hurt on pavement. Then I fall in to wawa and drown drown.  :'(

The water was red. redrum

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Gay Cuban Communist on March 23, 2009, 06:43:21 PM
Uh huh, head head go hurt hurt on pavement. Then I fall in to wawa and drown drown.  :'(

The water was red. redrum

greg

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 23, 2009, 06:44:33 PM

yes yes, that right right.  :'(
i hear head head go boom boom on concrete and skullcap go fly fly. blood blood go gush gush and no taste good. me put back together and no think it were the same way it were before.
redrum

This my life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/PI1vMglP8tI

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Gay Cuban Communist on March 23, 2009, 06:49:18 PM
yes yes, that right right.  :'(
i hear head head go boom boom on concrete and skullcap go fly fly. blood blood go gush gush and no taste good. me put back together and no think it were the same way it were before.

We can rebuild you.

Bogey

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

greg

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 23, 2009, 06:51:35 PM
We can rebuild you.

You m-m-m-m-make me h-h-h-happyyyyy....  :)

Dr. Dread

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Gay Cuban Communist on March 23, 2009, 06:53:17 PM
You m-m-m-m-make me h-h-h-happyyyyy....  :)

Just don't look in the mirror.

Bogey

Didn't you used to have an avatar that looked like that, Dave....or close.  Did it say, "You rang." under it?
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Bogey on March 23, 2009, 07:00:19 PM
Didn't you used to have an avatar that looked like that, Dave....or close.  Did it say, "You rang." under it?

My life is a blur of avatars. Who can remember?  ;D

Bogey

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 23, 2009, 07:01:28 PM
My life is a blur of avatars. Who can remember?  ;D

I'll find it.  ;D