Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

Off topic a bit Lethe, but my wife and I were laughing out loud at the combination of your avatar and signature:

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Do not not what the story is, but we found the two together a riot.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Lethevich

I found the cute cat via a combination of keywords in a Google image search which I have unfortunately since forgotten. It was cropped from a larger pic of the kitten sitting on a girl's shoulder (you can see her head on the right).

The sig quote was one of the responses in a thread on a cooking forum where somebody posted a recipe which purported to produce "delicious cookies", but was actually an attempt to set off as many smoke detectors as possible. Lots of replies in CAPS LOCK featuring some choice works were exchanged :D

I didn't notice the combination, but they do work perfectly together ;D Thanks for pointing it out!
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

greg

sul G

The year the music died, Poop...  ;D

Haffner

Quote from: Poop tastes gud on March 29, 2009, 08:18:04 PM
not really  ;)

Well, there were still some really good Metal releases (I think Seventh Son of a Seventh Son came out that year, and a few others), but MTV played that awful Girls Girls Girls, and Poison junk day and night. A nightmare. For me, at least.

Renfield

Quote from: AndyD. on March 30, 2009, 02:34:47 AM

Well, there were still some really good Metal releases (I think Seventh Son of a Seventh Son came out that year, and a few others), but MTV played that awful Girls Girls Girls, and Poison junk day and night. A nightmare. For me, at least.

I actually think Greg was born in 1987. ;D

ChamberNut

I will post have a different avatar starting today every day for the next week indicating some of my favorite CDs/tapes growing up:

Day 1 - Def Leppard's 'High n Dry' 
Day 2 - Van Halen's 'Fair Warning'

orbital

Quote from: AndyD. on March 30, 2009, 02:34:47 AM

Well, there were still some really good Metal releases (I think Seventh Son of a Seventh Son came out that year, and a few others)...
Among The Living  0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) >:D 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:)

George

Quote from: ChamberNut on March 30, 2009, 04:50:12 AM
I will post have a different avatar starting today every day for the next week indicating some of my favorite CDs/tapes growing up:

Day 1 - Def Leppard's 'High n Dry' 

We are gonna have to hang out some day. I dig your taste in music.

Haffner

Quote from: orbital on March 30, 2009, 05:11:25 AM
Among The Living  0:) 0:) 0:) 0:) >:D 0:) 0:) 0:) 0:)

I went crazy over that one, really cool stuff "I'm the walkin' dude!". I think Testament's first album, the Legacy, came out that year as well, also a really good one.

Kreator, "Terrible Certainty".

Haffner

Quote from: ChamberNut on March 30, 2009, 04:50:12 AM

I always thought that was their best album. Plenty of Edward experimentation on it, it really shows his more risk taking side. Plus there's the atomic blues on "So This is Love". It's also a fairly dark-ish sounding album, which is a big change form most VH.

ChamberNut

Quote from: AndyD. on March 30, 2009, 06:53:09 AM

I always thought that was their best album. Plenty of Edward experimentation on it, it really shows his more risk taking side. Plus there's the atomic blues on "So This is Love". It's also a fairly dark-ish sounding album, which is a big change form most VH.

It really is their most creative album, and creative in a good way.  I think the bass on that album is just phenomenal.

They really should have included "Hang 'em High" on Fair Warning.  It didn't belong on "Diver Down", IMO.  ;D

Haffner

Quote from: ChamberNut on March 30, 2009, 06:57:32 AM
It really is their most creative album, and creative in a good way.  I think the bass on that album is just phenomenal.

They really should have included "Hang 'em High" on Fair Warning.  It didn't belong on "Diver Down", IMO.  ;D

What a riff! You know, now that I think about it, that song might be one of the few VH songs that could be classified as "Heavy Metal". The lyrical content, the whole dark feel. Kind of like "On Fire" in that respect.

orbital

Quote from: AndyD. on March 30, 2009, 06:51:33 AM

I went crazy over that one, really cool stuff "I'm the walkin' dude!". I think Testament's first album, the Legacy, came out that year as well, also a really good one.
Was that the one with the instrumental number as the last track?

Kreator, "Terrible Certainty".
Yes! That one, too.

Now that I look back at 1987  :o Appetite for Destruction (love'em or hate'em, that was a darn good album), King Diamond - Abigail. How about Helloween KOt7K Part 1? or Exodus - Pleasures of The Flesh, Overkill - Taking Over (my very first CD ever  ;D) and Mekong Delta's first (the much better Erich Zann to be released the next year I think)

Overall I call that a pretty good year  :D

Dr. Dread

So, I learn orbital was into metal.

orbital

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 30, 2009, 07:11:21 AM
So, I learn orbital was into metal.
Big time Dave. I wore an Anthrax pendant (6-7 inches wide) that kept on piercing my neck (those pointy corners of their logo  ;D)whenever I ran, or jumped into the sea.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: orbital on March 30, 2009, 07:18:29 AM
Big time Dave. I wore an Anthrax pendant (6-7 inches wide) that kept on piercing my neck (those pointy corners of their logo  ;D)whenever I ran, or jumped into the sea.

Hardcore. :)

I was never really a metalhead. I just dabble. I should probably stop.  ::)

Haffner

Quote from: Mn Dave on March 30, 2009, 07:20:11 AM
Hardcore. :)

I was never really a metalhead. I just dabble. I should probably stop.  ::)

I love it too much. When I say "Metal", though, I include alot of Wagner, Beethoven's symphonies (1st movement of the Eroica...Metal baybeee!), Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, Mozart's Requiem and Don Giovanni, etc.

Haffner

Quote from: orbital on March 30, 2009, 07:08:54 AM
Was that the one with the instrumental number as the last track?
Yes! That one, too.

Now that I look back at 1987  :o Appetite for Destruction (love'em or hate'em, that was a darn good album), King Diamond - Abigail. How about Helloween KOt7K Part 1? or Exodus - Pleasures of The Flesh, Overkill - Taking Over (my very first CD ever  ;D) and Mekong Delta's first (the much better Erich Zann to be released the next year I think)

Overall I call that a pretty good year  :D

Whoa, you kick a$# Orbital!

Sef

Quote from: Bogey on March 29, 2009, 04:34:10 PM
My first album of there's was:

I believe I bought it in the summer of '83.  It was an import disc and came in really loose cellophane and cost a few dollars more.  Good stuff.  As for their later works, I enjoyed them but not nearly as much as my mom....yup, you heard me right folks.  :)
I have this LP, not an import where I bought it. Got it the day after I saw them live at the Northamptonshire Cricket Club. All downhill after that!
"Do you think that I could have composed what I have composed, do you think that one can write a single note with life in it if one sits there and pities oneself?"