Dr. Dread

Maciek

Quote from: opus106 on September 03, 2009, 06:38:04 AM
Seriously, I keep thinking you are Harry.  ;D

Yep, I have the same problem...

Tapkaara

<<<<<< My two musical heroes.

drogulus

My avatar is me playing in a band in 1970. I bought the guitar for some ridiculous price like $50. Here's one almost exactly like it: 

Mine had dot inlays, though. You can take this one home for $17,500. So, the lesson is get the dot one.  $:)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Dr. Dread

Oberhoffer was the Minnesota Orchestra's principal conductor until 1922. He has been followed by Henri Verbrugghen (1923–31); Eugene Ormandy (1931–36); Dimitri Mitropoulos (1937–49); Antal Doráti (1949-60); Stanisław Skrowaczewski (1960–79); Neville Marriner (1979–86); Edo de Waart (1986–95); and Eiji Oue (1995–2002). In 2002, Finnish conductor Osmo Vänskä was appointed the ensemble's 10th music director and assumed the post in September 2003. In 2005, Vänskä extended his tenure with the Minnesota Orchestra through 2011.

MN Dave

Yes, I am now color coordinated with the forum.

knight66

I decided on a new look. The New York neon boot has been given the boot.

The Russian Orthodox church in Tampere Finland, taken early in the morning.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Brian

I changed my avatar for "Arrested Development Friday." But I am too lazy to change it back. Who knows when the oud-maker will be returning...  :P

George

Quote from: Brian on September 12, 2009, 12:34:51 PM
I changed my avatar for "Arrested Development Friday." But I am too lazy to change it back. Who knows when the oud-maker will be returning...  :P

GREAT Avatar!!!!

greg

A little small, but it's Asahina Mikuru from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
I had to change it because girls with the personality of Haruhi (my previous avatar) lately just make me irritated. So I can't look at her picture every day- at least not for awhile.

Mikuru is the sweetest, nicest character... (though I'll admit girls like her are often painfully boring to talk to).

DavidW

Quote from: Greg on September 13, 2009, 05:54:14 PM
Mikuru is the sweetest, nicest character... (though I'll admit girls like her are often painfully boring to talk to).

Cartoon characters?  Yeah I'd imagine! ;D

greg

Well, in terms of personality... but, talking to a real life cartoon character actually would probably be fun.  ;D

Ugh, why'd you have to change your avatar to that?
I just killed one of those by accident less than an hour ago, and another 2 or so weeks ago. Never a fun thing.

DavidW

Quote from: Greg on September 13, 2009, 06:37:28 PM
Well, in terms of personality... but, talking to a real life cartoon character actually would probably be fun.  ;D

Ugh, why'd you have to change your avatar to that?
I just killed one of those by accident less than an hour ago, and another 2 or so weeks ago. Never a fun thing.

For some reason I thought you lived in Australia. :D  What do you live in a southern state of the good ol' US of A? :)

greg

Quote from: DavidW on September 13, 2009, 06:43:18 PM
For some reason I thought you lived in Australia. :D  What do you live in a southern state of the good ol' US of A? :)
You're serious- you thought that?  :o
Here I was, thinking that everyone on this forum knew I live in Florida, when the person that I've talked to possibly longer than anyone in terms of overall time (how many years has it been?) thinks I live in Australia. Ha!  :D
Still, that's not as bad as my friend blurting out in front of everyone in class, "Oh, so THAT's his name. I didn't know what it was, even though we talk to each other every day, for several months now. I just called him 'dude.'"
She does have the best personality of any girl that I've known for awhile, but sometimes, I really don't know what to think...

DavidW

You know how you manage to turn every conversation back to that girl... yeah that's called obsession. ;D

Valentino

Women are ok. Your avatar has gone belly up, btw.
We audiophiles don't really like music, but we sure love the sound it makes;
Audio-Technica | Bokrand | Thorens | Cambridge Audio | Logitech | Yamaha | Topping | MiniDSP | Hypex | ICEpower | Mundorf | SEAS | Beyma

CD

MN Dave

greg

Quote from: DavidW on September 14, 2009, 06:10:56 AM
You know how you manage to turn every conversation back to that girl... yeah that's called obsession. ;D
Nah, that was someone else I'm talking about.