Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

I always wished I could play the piano as good as Rowlf. So I picked him and he was my loyal Avatar for years.

Last winter I watched the tv-series Twin Peaks again (DVD) and memories came back quite rapidly. Some young lady called Sherilyn Fenn played the character of Audrey Horne .... 'nuff said: had to say goodbye to Rowlf.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Bogey on March 31, 2010, 01:51:15 PM
This one just might stick:

That really is a cool avatar, Bill. Yes, stick with it...but change your username to Linus Schroeder  ;)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Marc on April 08, 2010, 12:55:46 PM
Some young lady called Sherilyn Fenn played the character of Audrey Horne ....

Yummiest avatar on the forum.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

sospiro

Palau de la Música Catalana (expect most people will know it though)
Annie

Marc

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 09, 2010, 05:59:45 AM
Yummiest avatar on the forum.
The avatar pic is taken at a rather dramatic and weird moment though (series Twin Peaks): the principal, with a broken voice, has just announced the murder of Laura Palmer, and all classmates are looking very compassionate and with sympathy to Laura's best friends Donna and James .... except that little snake Audrey Horne, who looks rather bored and seems to be thinking like what you did you expect with a girl like Laura anyway?

MN Dave

I'm screaming for vengeance in a forum about classical music.  ::)

DavidW

Quote from: MN Dave on April 13, 2010, 06:15:28 AM
I'm screaming for vengeance in a forum about classical music.  ::)

Hey that's my favorite Judas Priest album! :)

MN Dave

Quote from: DavidW on April 13, 2010, 06:23:03 AM
Hey that's my favorite Judas Priest album! :)

Mine too! I knew I liked you.

Lethevich

Mike, is that Strasbourg?
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Bogey

George pointed out that someone has already been using this avatar, though on a different forum.  Not sitting well at this end.  Like something stuck between my teeth and no toothpick to be had.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Brian

Bill, I love that avatar so much that I just saved it to my hard drive in case you get rid of it!

Bogey

Quote from: Brian on April 14, 2010, 08:28:16 PM
Bill, I love that avatar so much that I just saved it to my hard drive in case you get rid of it!

Yup.  George cropped it for me a few days back.  Dude must actually work for Pixar as he did it in seconds.  Now where is that toothpick. ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

Here are the other two I sport at the other forum, Brian:

and

knight66

Quote from: Lethe on April 14, 2010, 04:10:37 PM
Mike, is that Strasbourg?

I thought it was Paris. I may be wrong. I usually use one of my own photos, but when I tried to do change it, for once the system refused to accept any of the URLs. from Photobucket. I went onto picture search and lots were rejected as not being Avatars. Eventually this one stuck...so I retained it. But I had not gone into the site itself to see what it was because I though it was Notre Dame.

Mike

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Lethevich

Quote from: knight on April 15, 2010, 08:50:08 PM
I thought it was Paris. I may be wrong. I usually use one of my own photos, but when I tried to do change it, for once the system refused to accept any of the URLs. from Photobucket. I went onto picture search and lots were rejected as not being Avatars. Eventually this one stuck...so I retained it. But I had not gone into the site itself to see what it was because I though it was Notre Dame.
A problem with the French ones is that almost all of them are officially called Notre-Dame-de-Wherever.
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

knight66

Always excepting this one, Saint Chapelle Paris. A building basically without walls.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Brian

Quote from: Bogey on April 14, 2010, 08:38:43 PM
Here are the other two I sport at the other forum, Brian:

I wonder which sonata he's playing in this one...

Thanks! Saved 'em all.  :)

George

Quote from: Brian on April 16, 2010, 08:07:53 AM
I wonder which sonata he's playing in this one...

Thanks! Saved 'em all.  :)

Me too.

I got a free download for the first person who figures it out.

Bogey

Quote from: George on April 16, 2010, 08:58:43 AM
Me too.

I got a free download for the first person who figures it out.

Well, this would have been GREAT to see and HEAR. :)

greg

Aya Hirano. (she's a voice actor)  8)

What's everyone's favorite picture, btw?