Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knight66

Rather better than the 'Gilbert and George' lookalike picture.

http://worldcat.org/identities/lccn-n98-79330

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

jlaurson

Quote from: George on June 10, 2010, 01:17:39 PM
Me on 9/9/09, the day the Beatles remasters were released. They had a bunch of costumes to put on at the Best Buy I went to and they took your photo once you chose your getup. Not being one to participate in things like this, I can't recall why I did it. I don't think I have ever done a realistic avatar before, so I wanted to try one out.

Thanks for going back. I wasn't even sure if that wasn't a different George.  :(

Opus106

Quote from: Brian on June 10, 2010, 06:51:44 PM
When I first joined the forums my avatar was a picture of Dvorak; I believe I made the change over to the gentleman with the oud in 2008. Since then, it has only been altered on rare and brief occasions - for instance, after the Giants-Patriots Super Bowl and on an 'Arrested Development Avatar Friday.' I really don't foresee making any long-term avatar changes, or not until I see a photograph which might be more interesting or more beautiful to me than this one.

Wasn't there a time you used close-up of Kleiber from the DG Brahms recording? I used to identify you with that picture... or was that someone else? ???

I wouldn't mind having the image below as my avatar, Jens' and Sarge's possible bewilderment notwithstanding, but it'll be too small.

Regards,
Navneeth

vandermolen

Joly Braga Santos - the great Portuguese composer (1924-1988)

Try symphonies 1-4 and Symphonic Variations if you don't know them.  Oops, not supposed to talk about music here  :-X
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Renfield

Quote from: vandermolen on June 11, 2010, 03:08:08 AM
Joly Braga Santos - the great Portuguese composer (1924-1988)

Try symphonies 1-4 and Symphonic Variations if you don't know them.  Oops, not supposed to talk about music here  :-X

He looks a bit like Stravinsky from the side.

Opus106

Quote from: Renfield on June 11, 2010, 06:21:10 AM
Yes. Even Prokofiev crossed my mind for a moment.
Regards,
Navneeth

Brian

Quote from: Opus106 on June 11, 2010, 02:38:17 AM
Wasn't there a time you used close-up of Kleiber from the DG Brahms recording? I used to identify you with that picture... or was that someone else? ???

Oh yeah! That was even before Mr Dvorak, I think. I did in fact change it because people thought I was depressed all the time.

Opus106

Quote from: Brian on June 11, 2010, 06:58:30 AM
I did in fact change it because people thought I was depressed all the time.

Heh. ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

That is the insignia of the Grammar Nazi. It should be banned in the interwebs.
Regards,
Navneeth

MN Dave

Quote from: Opus106 on July 12, 2010, 05:54:53 AM
That is the insignia of the Grammar Nazi. It should be banned in the interwebs.

?

Opus106

Quote from: MN Dave on July 12, 2010, 05:55:57 AM
?

That, the exclamation mark; the semi-colon and the comma, and of course, the full stop. They are all there in the logo...seems apt for the Grammar Nazi. :D
Regards,
Navneeth

MN Dave

Quote from: Opus106 on July 12, 2010, 06:06:04 AM
That, the exclamation mark; the semi-colon and the comma, and of course, the full stop. They are all there in the logo...seems apt for the Grammar Nazi. :D

Works for me.

CD

Mine is from a contemporary artist new to me, Mark Grotjahn: Ruby Needs New Diapers (Thirteen Months of High Stakes Poker 741), 2007-2008, color pencil on paper, 67 x 47 3/4 inches

drogulus

Quote from: Renfield on June 11, 2010, 06:21:10 AM

I wouldn't want to look like the side of Stravinsky, even if it was his good side.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

MN Dave

Mirror Image

Mine is a cartoon image of the great Villa-Lobos. One of my absolute favorite composers.

bwv 1080

<----- no, this is not the gun he killed his wife with

CD

Something I made in Photoshop. Can I have a thread now?

Sid

I wanted one of the great buildings here in Sydney, but something other than the famous opera house on Bennelong Point. My avatar is the Queen Victoria Building (built in the 1890's) which is like a Victorian shopping mall in the heart of the city. It's really a great work of art, with it's carved sandstone facade, ornate domes and decoratively tiled floors inside. Can you believe that in the 1960's it was almost demolished for a car park? Finally in the 1980's it was bought and restored by an Asian company. The interior had to be rebuilt virtually from scratch as it had been converted to Art Deco style in the 1930's. Needless to say, this is one of my favourite buildings in this city...