Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

Good luck with the alien!  I see another movie coming up: Alien vs Mog! :D

karlhenning

A reflection in the new Art of the Americas wing of the MFA.

George

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 15, 2010, 06:42:31 AM
A reflection in the new Art of the Americas wing of the MFA.

Thanks, I had assumed it was you playing your clarinet in a courtyard, somewhere in Beantown.

Toonces

Toonces the driving cat, from SNL. Listening to classical music, of course!

DavidW

My current one is a work by Lee Bontecou.  My first time using art for an avatar, probably last since I'm not an artsy type. :)

Opus106

Quote from: DavidW on November 16, 2010, 12:32:14 PM
My current one is a work by Lee Bontecou.  My first time using art for an avatar, probably last since I'm not an artsy type. :)

I call it the Shattered Glass in Wood.
Regards,
Navneeth

bhodges

Quote from: DavidW on November 16, 2010, 12:32:14 PM

Looks great--makes a very striking avatar.

--Bruce

jlaurson

Quote from: Toonces on November 15, 2010, 12:34:57 PM
Toonces the driving cat, from SNL. Listening to classical music, of course!

No, Toonces... WATCH OUT!!!

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Good memories: One of the cats of my Ersatz-parents in Fargo was named Toonces... and she had her kittens in my room while I was staying over at their place for the summer.

Philoctetes

Jonny Lee Miller as Jordan Chase

MN Dave

Tapio Dimitriyevich Shostakovich

I wanted to use a Tapio-like avatar but decided to use a Shosta avatar. I like him with that funny cap. Must be the 1000th DCSH avatar btw.

Brian

I hate to confuse everybody, since I've been using the oud-maker avatar for literally years now - as long as I can remember - but I took this photo of the organ at the Basilica de la Sagrada Familia during my stay in Barcelona, about ten minutes before my camera's battery died  ;D  , and a picture I took myself of as spectacular and musical a subject as this one, has to make for a cooler avatar... right?

By the way, the colors are like that because of light reflections from nearby stained-glass windows.  And as you can see from the attachment, this avatar makes a great desktop background!

bwv 1080

my latest toy, a fretless gourd banjo built by Barry Sholder in GA

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: Brian on January 16, 2011, 08:07:43 AM
I hate to confuse everybody, since I've been using the oud-maker avatar for literally years now - as long as I can remember - but I took this photo of the organ at the Basilica de la Sagrada Familia during my stay in Barcelona, about ten minutes before my camera's battery died  ;D  , and a picture I took myself of as spectacular and musical a subject as this one, has to make for a cooler avatar... right?

By the way, the colors are like that because of light reflections from nearby stained-glass windows.  And as you can see from the attachment, this avatar makes a great desktop background!

Beautiful, Brian! (I'll miss the oud-maker...)
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Mn Dave

Mirror Image

My avatar is of one of my absolute favorite composers: Charles Koechlin.

DavidW

Love the new avatar Dave!  It makes us the young Dave and the old Dave. ;D

drogulus

Quote from: DavidW on June 05, 2011, 07:02:48 PM
Love the new avatar Dave!  It makes us the young Dave and the old Dave. ;D

David, your avatar looks about 19.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0