Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddiarni

Quote from: Kullervo on July 09, 2007, 10:53:10 AM
Very, very witty... very, very witty

http://orangecow.org/pythonet/sketches/oscarwil.htm

Nice - I laughed out loud.

Oscar Wilde = Legend.

Have you read 'The Picture of Dorian Gray' ? It's really good, I recommend it.
Quote from: Oscar WildeThere is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

J.Z. Herrenberg

Havergal Brian (1876-1972)
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Bogey

Quote from: Kiddiarni on July 09, 2007, 02:39:59 PM

Oscar Wilde = Legend.

One of my all-time favorite books....and I only read it for the first time this year!  ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Kiddiarni

Quote from: Bogey on July 09, 2007, 04:19:04 PM
One of my all-time favorite books....and I only read it for the first time this year!  ;D

Same here aaaaand same here.

Looks like we're twins or something...
Quote from: Oscar WildeThere is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

George

Bonehelm

A Japanese flag with the Chinese words "Shameless" written over it.

bwv 1080

Mawangu Mingiedi, leader of Konono no. 1 who plays a mean electric mbira

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konono_N%C2%B01

Soundproof

Nydia, la jeune aveugle aux fleurs de Pompéi.
Statue by Randolph Rogers. 1855-56

She's a good listener:

Bogey

Quote from: Kiddiarni on July 10, 2007, 10:44:25 AM
Same here aaaaand same here.

Looks like we're twins or something...

For a time there I thought you might go on us.....which would be very cool as well.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Kiddiarni

Yeeeeah...

Realized it now...

Maybe I will change it someday...

aquablob

Quote from: Kiddiarni on July 09, 2007, 02:39:59 PM

Oscar Wilde = Legend.

I actually wrote a paper on this a few months ago for my last English seminar in college... I studied the use of music in the work. I actually read through it in great detail a second (and third) time and marked every single instance in which music in any shape or form was mentioned. I then made a 3-page index on Microsoft Word of them, which I used as my main reference in writing the paper. It was tedious but well worth the effort.

Your quote can be attributed to Lord Henry, no?

LaciDeeLeBlanc

My avatar is obviously a wolf.  Wolves have always fascinated me and "spoke to me", so to speak.  I once created a scratchboard piece of art, and it was a portrait of a wolf.  It was my favorite. I was also particularly good at sketching wolves and equus.

I chose the wolf on the left because I find it beautiful. The snarl is a gesture commanding respect, not necessarily condoning violence.

Wolves have fascinated me because of their sense of affinity towards one another. Such companionship and ensemble is rarely paralleled in this world.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: LaciDeeLeBlanc on July 19, 2007, 10:04:02 AM
My avatar is obviously a wolf.  Wolves have always fascinated me and "spoke to me", so to speak.

You are in good company. Mrs. Rock loves wolves too, and I'm sure you know Hélène Grimaud owns a nature reserve devoted to wolves.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

beclemund

Mine is Anton Bruckner, but I have seen several other Bruckner avatars floating around, so maybe it is time for a change?
"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." -- Albert Camus

beclemund

Ah, there were are... changed to Albert Camus, but I may change again.
"A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession." -- Albert Camus

Kullervo

beclemund

George

Bob Dylan from the cover the great: "Bringing it all back home."  8)

Haffner