Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

Karl or Brian....do recognize the lady in my avatar? ;)

There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

SonicMan46

Quote from: Bogey on January 21, 2012, 04:26:25 PM

Bill - is this just a 2 man contest? The actress looks like Gloria Grahame, maybe in The Big Heat?  My guess - Dave :)

Szykneij

Quote from: Bogey on January 21, 2012, 04:26:25 PM

It's Mad Dog Earle's babe Marie!

Ida Lupino
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Bogey

Quote from: Szykneij on January 21, 2012, 04:40:14 PM
It's Mad Dog Earle's babe Marie!

Ida Lupino

BINGO.....you da' man.....Dave, we have some parting gifts, I believe Yani cds ;D....now, what is the Karl and Brian connection?
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Kontrapunctus

It's me playing my new guitar. (I'm really playing Segovia's transcription of Bach's Chaconne in D Minor.)

A larger view:

John Copeland

My current avatar is my natural progression from the opening bars of the Turangalila symphony.

Marc

Quote from: Scots John on January 22, 2012, 12:38:54 AM
My current avatar is my natural progression from the opening bars of the Turangalila symphony.

;D

I changed the beautiful organ of the Laurenskerk in Alkmaar, NL (made by Van Hagerbeer & F.C. Schnitger) into the beautiful actress of Italian descent, living in France and also sister-in-law to a certain Nicolas Sarkozy: Valeria Bruni Tedeschi. She's probably (I'm still struggling with my Top 3 ;D) my favourite actress, for what it's worth.

DavidW

Brian

Quote from: Bogey on January 21, 2012, 05:06:02 PM
BINGO.....you da' man.....Dave, we have some parting gifts, I believe Yani cds ;D....now, what is the Karl and Brian connection?

Sorry, I recognize the name as a one-time Columbo guest star but I don't remember the episode! Was it the one about the football team owner with a gambling issue?
EDIT: Oh, the Johnny Cash episode! Love that one.

Bogey

Quote from: Brian on January 22, 2012, 06:36:55 AM
Sorry, I recognize the name as a one-time Columbo guest star but I don't remember the episode! Was it the one about the football team owner with a gambling issue?
EDIT: Oh, the Johnny Cash episode! Love that one.

You got it....she was two episodes.  Here she is a bit later.  I recognize her more here:

Ataraxia

Some people call it a groundhog. I call it a woodchuck.

Not sure if he's a keeper... It's difficult capturing the MN Dave essence in one image.  :P

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: MN Dave on February 28, 2012, 06:41:13 AM
Not sure if he's a keeper...

You're joking, right? That critter will be gone before the next sun-up  ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Ataraxia

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 28, 2012, 07:20:44 AM
You're joking, right? That critter will be gone before the next sun-up  ;D

Sarge

Heeey...  ;D

Ataraxia

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: MN Dave on February 28, 2012, 01:13:16 PM
Sarge was right!  $:)

Damn...the critter didn't even make it to sundown  :D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Bogey

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on February 28, 2012, 01:23:52 PM
Damn...the critter didn't even make it to sundown  :D

Sarge

Should take a poll of who will change their avatar first....Mirror Image, MN Dave, or me. ;D  Right now, sporting a crop from a favored set:

Opus106

David with the W, when you post without an avatar, I feel that you're talking from behind a curtain.

Especially after the semi-piercing look from Glass one from the recent past (pun unintended). ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

DavidW

Quote from: Opus106 on March 01, 2012, 04:59:06 AM
David with the W, when you post without an avatar, I feel that you're talking from behind a curtain.

Especially after the semi-piercing look from Glass one from the recent past (pun unintended). ;D

Glass' gaze was too piercing, I felt self conscious! :D  I need to find another avatar but I haven't decided yet. :)

kishnevi

Decided on a complete and total revamp.  This is from a group of icons I found on Livejournal, which featured Ludwig, Gustav and Dmitri done in SouthPark style.

Opus106

Quote from: DavidW on March 01, 2012, 05:09:22 PM
Glass' gaze was too piercing, I felt self conscious! :D  I need to find another avatar but I haven't decided yet. :)

Much better.
Regards,
Navneeth