Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ataraxia

Quote from: Bogey on March 27, 2012, 06:45:01 AM
Mine as well....or at least until Dave changes his. ;D

the last avatar ever!!!  0:)

Bogey

Quote from: karlhenning on March 27, 2012, 07:20:35 AM
I don't think I can remain blue for long. There's a double meaning in that.

Well, being the jazz fan that you are, nothing wrong with being kind of blue.   :D

Thank you, thank you....I'm here all week.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Bogey

For full disclosure:

That fry pan of mine I am holding contains 4 egg whites (1 point) and 2 oz. Boar's Head 42% lower sodium branded deluxe ham (1 point).  My drinking tin is coffee with 2 tbsp. of half and half and a 1 tbsp. of C&H Pure Cane Sugar (2 points all mixed). 
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

classicalgeek

It's none other than the world-famous violinist, timpanist, and soprano, Beaker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnT7pT6zCcA

So much great music, so little time...

Original compositions and orchestrations: https://www.youtube.com/@jmbrannigan

Szykneij

Quote from: karlhenning on March 27, 2012, 07:20:35 AM
I don't think I can remain blue for long. There's a double meaning in that.

Fixed.

Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Karl Henning

I like your solution, but . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

chasmaniac

Quote from: karlhenning on March 28, 2012, 11:13:00 AM
I like your solution, but . . . .

Gettin' there, but I'd like to see something in a Mondrian...
If I have exhausted the justifications, I have reached bedrock and my spade is turned. Then I am inclined to say: "This is simply what I do."  --Wittgenstein, PI §217

eyeresist

Quote from: karlhenning on March 27, 2012, 07:20:35 AMI don't think I can remain blue for long.

No - eventually you'll go green. :)

Opus106

I think I just witnessed MI go through four different photos of Tippett during the last fifteen minutes. Dave has met his match, or dare I say, his successor!
Regards,
Navneeth

Mirror Image

Quote from: Opus106 on March 29, 2012, 09:08:37 PM
I think I just witnessed MI go through four different photos of Tippett during the last fifteen minutes. Dave has met his match, or dare I say, his successor!

:P I've finally settled on one...

How do you like this one, Nav? I cropped the picture from the original which quite large.

Opus106

Quote from: Mirror Image on March 29, 2012, 09:12:04 PM
How do you like this one, Nav? I cropped the picture from the original which quite large.

Quite nice a photo. :)
Regards,
Navneeth

Mirror Image

Lisztianwagner

Just for today....Herbert von Karajan, the greatest! ;D
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Ten thumbs

Having finally got around to it, my first choice was accidental - just something to do with music making. Still, she may be playing her mandolin with ten thumbs, you never know and Morisot can't tell us. :)
A day may be a destiny; for life
Lives in but little—but that little teems
With some one chance, the balance of all time:
A look—a word—and we are wholly changed.

Mirror Image

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on April 05, 2012, 03:28:15 AM
Just for today....Herbert von Karajan, the greatest after Bernstein! ;D

;D

Jokes aside, Karajan certainly is amazing. I am absolutely loving his Ring Cycle at the moment, extremely passionate and powerfully expressive performances!

So yes, happy birthday, Karajan!

EDIT: I'm sure it's extremely obvious who my avatar is! ;)
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven

Mirror Image

Quote from: madaboutmahler on April 05, 2012, 01:03:48 PMEDIT: I'm sure it's extremely obvious who my avatar is! ;)

Mine too.  ;)

Lisztianwagner

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 05, 2012, 01:01:44 PM
Booo! :D
Quote from: madaboutmahler on April 05, 2012, 01:03:48 PM
;D

Jokes aside, Karajan certainly is amazing. I am absolutely loving his Ring Cycle at the moment, extremely passionate and powerfully expressive performances!

So yes, happy birthday, Karajan!

EDIT: I'm sure it's extremely obvious who my avatar is! ;)

Zurück vom Karajan! :D

Well, Bernstein was certainly amazing, superb....but Karajan was absolutely a genius, I haven't got enough words to describe his musical greatness!
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Mirror Image

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on April 05, 2012, 01:18:13 PM

Well, Bernstein was certainly amazing, superb....but Karajan was absolutely a genius, I haven't got enough words to describe his musical greatness!

I don't think Karajan was a genius at all. I think the term genius should be used sparingly. Wagner a genius? Yes, I think so. Do you honestly think Karajan occupies the same kind of thought Wagner did? I think Bernstein had more know-how and was more versatile than Karajan but I wouldn't even call Bernstein a genius either because he simply wasn't. He was highly intelligent and a knowledgeable musician, but no genius. Let's reserve this word when it can actually be applied correctly.

madaboutmahler

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on April 05, 2012, 01:18:13 PM

:)
"Music is ... A higher revelation than all Wisdom & Philosophy"
— Ludwig van Beethoven