Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sergeant Rock

The Minnesoto kid's back, and the monkey too. Balance is restored. All's right with the world  8)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Opus106

Quote from: Lisztianwagner on November 17, 2012, 03:28:53 AM
Anyway the monkey is very nice. :)

Hi. You must be new here. :)

;)
Regards,
Navneeth

Lisztianwagner

"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Bogey

My most recent avatar?  Early Christmas present for George and Sarge. ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Brahmsian

I was looking for a Brahms avatar with a Santa hat.  No dice.  Bach will have to do!  ;D

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: ChamberNut on December 07, 2012, 04:36:39 PM
I was looking for a Brahms avatar with a Santa hat.  No dice.  Bach will have to do!  ;D

You want a Brahms with a Santa hat? I can get you one.

Brahmsian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on December 07, 2012, 04:55:40 PM
You want a Brahms with a Santa hat? I can get you one.

Thumbs up!   :D  Indeed.  Although, I am growing fond of Santa Bach!  ;D

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: ChamberNut on December 07, 2012, 04:56:49 PM
Thumbs up!   :D  Indeed.  Although, I am growing fond of Santa Bach!  ;D

I'll be back in 10 minutes...

Brahmsian

TheGSMoeller

TheGSMoeller

TheGSMoeller

Brahmsian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on December 07, 2012, 05:14:59 PM

Awesome Greg!!  ;D   I'll try uploading one of these!  :) Thanks, bud!

Brahmsian

Done!!  I chose the bearded Brahms, because I really do believe he is Santa Claus sometimes!!   ;D 8)

Thanks again, Greg!

Santa Brahms has a special message for Greg:

Greg, you must buy all my complete works, especially my chamber music.  I worked very hard on perfecting the music I wrote, and scrappped and tossed away in the fire a lot of works that I shouldn't have in hindsight.   Dammit!  Oh well, what I did not scrap, and got published, is some pretty good stuff.  Keep listening to Herr Santa Brahms.  You won't be disappointed!  8)

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: ChamberNut on December 07, 2012, 05:54:19 PM
Done!!  I chose the bearded Brahms, because I really do believe he is Santa Claus sometimes!!   ;D 8)

Thanks again, Greg!

Santa Brahms has a special message for Greg:

Greg, you must buy all my complete works, especially my chamber music.  I worked very hard on perfecting the music I wrote, and scrappped and tossed away in the fire a lot of works that I shouldn't have in hindsight.   Dammit!  Oh well, what I did not scrap, and got published, is some pretty good stuff.  Keep listening to Herr Santa Brahms.  You won't be disappointed!  8)

Haha! You're welcome. Looks great, Ray!
And think, your avatar is one of a kind.

kishnevi

Santa Bach was too good to leave languishing in limbo.....so I've grabbed him for myself.

Brahmsian

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on December 07, 2012, 06:05:22 PM
Haha! You're welcome. Looks great, Ray!
And think, your avatar is one of a kind.

:D  The one and only!  Santa Brahms!  8)

Santa Brahms wants you to listen to his Schicksalslied (Song of Destiny) as soon as it arrives!  Damn.....we did I trash so much of my music.  Some of it was pretty wicked....oh well, hindsight is 21.  ;D

Brahmsian

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on December 07, 2012, 06:16:11 PM
Santa Bach was too good to leave languishing in limbo.....so I've grabbed him for myself.

Awesome, Jeffrey!  Happy to see that you got into the spirit!!  :)

Thumbs up!!  All Bach needed was a big beard, but the dude looks pretty snazzy with a Santa hat, or shades.  :D

kishnevi

Now we just need Daniel for Santa Mahler,  Ilaria for Santa Wagner, and John (Mirror Image) for Santa DSCH/Koechlin/Tippett/which composer is he using today for an avatar.   

And someone from among the Brianites can provide Santa Brian. 

Brahmsian

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on December 07, 2012, 06:25:46 PM

And someone from among the Brianites can provide Santa Brian.

Santa Brahms just tweeted:  What the heck is going on there at GMG?  Havergal Brian is the most posted thread in the Composer Discussion forum?  WTF????   ;D :D ;)