Identify Your Avatar

Started by George, April 14, 2007, 01:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogey

Quote from: karlhenning on January 05, 2013, 05:16:41 AM
How cruelly Steerforth needles Rosa Dartle. How innocently Davey is blind to it all.

A fire wasted for sure, Karl.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Ten thumbs

Ah! Shouldn't one turn to Mozart for comfort for the soul?
So now I fly under Morisot's Mozart Sonata.
A day may be a destiny; for life
Lives in but little—but that little teems
With some one chance, the balance of all time:
A look—a word—and we are wholly changed.

Bogey

Bogey and Bacall in Ray-Bans...stinkin' cool.  The car is sweet as well.  May keep this one for a good while.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

AdamFromWashington

An abandoned homestead in Eastern Washington, about a hundred miles from anywhere. I don't know who lived there, but I think I know why they left.  :P

Despite the desolation it really is a beautiful place.

Fafner

My avatar's name is Dmitrard van Wagtakoven.    :P
"Remember Fafner? Remember he built Valhalla? A giant? Well, he's a dragon now. Don't ask me why. Anyway, he's dead."
   --- Anna Russell

Lisztianwagner

I will change avatar just for today. :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Mirror Image

My avatar: American Impressionist composer Charles Griffes.

TheGSMoeller

A Dalek poster, from Doctor Who.

Bogey

I was guessing these, Greg. Just saw them at a shop yesterday.

but considering your choice, please visit here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-14918415

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Bogey on April 07, 2013, 06:29:00 PM

but considering your choice, please visit here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-14918415

Ha! I like how he's not even a fan of the show. Perfect display of the Dalek's power!!!!
Thanks for sharing, Bogey.  :)

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 05, 2013, 07:11:38 AM
My avatar: American Impressionist composer Charles Griffes.

You can't leave out "Thomlinson"
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 07, 2013, 06:39:33 PM
You can't leave out "Thomlinson"

Next time he's my avatar I'll be sure not to leave Tomlinson off. ;) :)

TheGSMoeller

From illustrator J.J. Harrison. Finn and Jake (and BMO) from the Cartoon Network show "Adventure Time", the image pays homage to the great Miyazaki film "My Neighbor Totoro".

Bogey

Frazetta Tarzan.  'Nuff said.

Bogey

Quote from: MN Dave on July 03, 2013, 03:30:14 PM
Nice. :)

Fantasy artwork really does not get better.  There is different, but not better.

Tapkaara

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Bogey on July 03, 2013, 03:24:07 PM
Frazetta Tarzan.  'Nuff said.

Wow, Tarzan didn't last long! Bill, you're becoming as fickle as the Minnesota kid  :D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Bogey

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on July 06, 2013, 02:14:32 AM
Wow, Tarzan didn't last long! Bill, you're becoming as fickle as the Minnesota kid  :D

Sarge

My avatar mentor. ;D