The Music Room > Name That Tune?

any Czech fans here - know this album?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Scion7:

--- Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on September 14, 2020, 06:55:54 AM ---How did you hear about?
--- End quote ---

I wanted a CD with a good version of SHOSTAKOVICH-Chamber Symphony 110a (after a Quartet) and it popped up in Googlerizer.

Pohjolas Daughter:
Ah!

Well, good luck!  :)

PD

Biffo:

--- Quote from: Scion7 on September 14, 2020, 07:10:21 AM ---I wanted a CD with a good version of SHOSTAKOVICH-Chamber Symphony 110a (after a Quartet) and it popped up in Googlerizer.

--- End quote ---

I Musici de Montreal with Yuli Turovsky have also recorded it for Chandos - no idea how good it is, it is the only version I have heard.

Madiel:

--- Quote from: Scion7 on September 14, 2020, 06:01:32 AM ---

Not on Amazon, Allmusic, eBay, etc.
Only the website  cdmusic.cz/  -  no review that I can find anywhere.
If you have it, a photo of the back cover would be appreciated, as well as any link to a review.
Is "Slezsk√Ĺ komorn√≠ orchestr Ostrava" a regular performing/recording body, or one of those one-time aggregations they put a name on for the recording?  When was it recorded?  Very frustrating  >:(

--- End quote ---

Not sure why you want the back cover - is it for the contents? Because the site lists the contents.

It also says the album is out of stock in any case...

Madiel:
You could also ask the listed record label (which is local to Ostrava), though their little catalogue doesn't seem to mention it.

http://www.stylton.com/about

But given that's a local outfit, it'd be rather lucky to get something really outstanding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version