Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maestro267

Quote from: Florestan on March 18, 2024, 01:21:48 AMNo. There is currently one single "bickering" thread and the new forum software makes such threads easier than ever to ignore.

How? Cos I'd like to toss that cursed thread into the depths of Hell where it belongs.

Spotted Horses

There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

DavidW

Quote from: Maestro267 on Today at 06:53:24 AMHow? Cos I'd like to toss that cursed thread into the depths of Hell where it belongs.

Well I am tempted to post "I was just listening to Liszt today and what a genius he is compared to that idiot hack John Williams, if you could even call his scores music..." and then grab the popcorn and after WAM has an aneurysm and posts ten page long replies the other mods would have no choice but to close the thread and censure me.  Might be worth it! :P  8)

Florestan

Quote from: Maestro267 on Today at 06:53:24 AMHow? Cos I'd like to toss that cursed thread into the depths of Hell where it belongs.

Click the "No alerts or emails" button (see the picture below for its location in page).
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Karl Henning

But then there's a chance @Luke will post, and the result will always be worth reading. It will make no impression on the OP, but it's for the benefit of them what can read.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Maestro267

I was kinda hoping the new forum software would make threads easier to ignore by having them not show up at all.

Maestro267

Quote from: Spotted Horses on Today at 06:57:09 AMBy not opening it?

But it's There. It LOOOOOOMS like a spectre of death over the forum.

Madiel

Use the Updated Topics page and you will only see threads you're posting on.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

DavidW

Quote from: Maestro267 on Today at 10:47:21 AMBut it's There. It LOOOOOOMS like a spectre of death over the forum.

If a civilized discussion about film music classification counts as spicy drama, then we are a pretty dull lot! :laugh:  >:D

Madiel

I just looked at the thread in question for the first time.

I didn't read all 25 pages.

Yeah. I've succeeded quite well at ignoring it. It's possible. It will continue.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Florestan

Quote from: Maestro267 on Today at 10:46:20 AMI was kinda hoping the new forum software would make threads easier to ignore by having them not show up at all.

Have you read my previous reply to you?

If you do what I advise you to do, you'll never again see that thread.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini