Missing Members

Started by Cato, October 24, 2011, 07:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: premont on February 11, 2024, 11:00:44 PMHe re-appeared at TC a few days ago after almost one years break. At the same time he deleted his account at GMG, so I don't think he will come back to us. He may have had some controversy with some GMG members - I don't know.
That's sad - thanks for the update.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

kyjo

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well! I apologize for my almost complete inactivity on GMG over the past few months - I've been so busy with auditions, performances, practicing etc. that during what free time I do have, I'm too exhausted even to contribute to this forum! ;D The next few months should be a bit less hectic for me, so I'll try to drop by more frequently. :)

P.S. I'm disheartened to see that Cesar (Symphonic Addict) hasn't posted at all here since December 24th....anyone know what's happened to him? :(
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Brian

Quote from: kyjo on March 10, 2024, 07:34:33 AMHi all, hope everyone is doing well! I apologize for my almost complete inactivity on GMG over the past few months - I've been so busy with auditions, performances, practicing etc. that during what free time I do have, I'm too exhausted even to contribute to this forum! ;D The next few months should be a bit less hectic for me, so I'll try to drop by more frequently. :)
Are you preparing for graduation and job-hunting? Hope that you get some clarity and certainty soon!

vandermolen

Quote from: kyjo on March 10, 2024, 07:34:33 AMHi all, hope everyone is doing well! I apologize for my almost complete inactivity on GMG over the past few months - I've been so busy with auditions, performances, practicing etc. that during what free time I do have, I'm too exhausted even to contribute to this forum! ;D The next few months should be a bit less hectic for me, so I'll try to drop by more frequently. :)

P.S. I'm disheartened to see that Cesar (Symphonic Addict) hasn't posted at all here since December 24th....anyone know what's happened to him? :(
Yes, I'm sad that Cesar (SA) has disappeared again. I've always enjoyed his posts and hope that he returns.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Bachtoven

I'm about to become a "missing member." As soon as I finish typing this, I'm deleting my account due to the constant, petty bickering.

Harry

Quote from: Bachtoven on March 17, 2024, 10:14:38 AMI'm about to become a "missing member." As soon as I finish typing this, I'm deleting my account due to the constant, petty bickering.

O dear, again? See you back soon my friend. ;D
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

Karl Henning

Quote from: Bachtoven on March 17, 2024, 10:14:38 AMI'm about to become a "missing member." As soon as I finish typing this, I'm deleting my account due to the constant, petty bickering.
I enjoy your contributions to the forum.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

foxandpeng

Well, that would be a shame. Better to stay and avoid those threads. I would miss you  :)
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Spotted Horses

I hope you'll stay.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Cato

Oh my!  Did I miss something somewhere?
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Spotted Horses

Already gone, as promised.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

steve ridgway

LOL it's a forum. You're supposed to post stuff - anything ;) .

Florestan

Quote from: Cato on March 17, 2024, 04:25:42 PMOh my!  Did I miss something somewhere?

No. There is currently one single "bickering" thread and the new forum software makes such threads easier than ever to ignore. The move has got nothing to do with GMG and everything with his recurrent habit of deleting his account periodically. He'll be back in a few months, maybe weeks.
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Cato

Quote from: Florestan on March 18, 2024, 01:21:48 AMNo. There is currently one single "bickering" thread and the new forum software makes such threads easier than ever to ignore. The move has got nothing to do with GMG and everything with his recurrent habit of deleting his account periodically. He'll be back in a few months, maybe weeks.

Ah, thank you, Florestan!  Yes, I hope he returns!

The name Bachtoven always amused me!   ;)

Florestan

Quote from: Cato on March 18, 2024, 03:44:35 AMAh, thank you, Florestan!  Yes, I hope he returns!

The name Bachtoven always amused me!   ;)

Actually, there is an h missing. Should be Bachthoven.  ;)
Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini

Cato

Quote from: Florestan on March 18, 2024, 04:32:00 AMActually, there is an h missing. Should be Bachthoven.  ;)

Yes, I thought about that, but it jutht hath toooo many conthonanth in the middle!   ;D

Harry

Quote from: Cato on March 18, 2024, 05:00:37 AMYes, I thought about that, but it jutht hath toooo many conthonanth in the middle!  ;D

Maybe "Back-oven" then? ;D  ;D
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

DavidW

Quote from: Florestan on March 18, 2024, 01:21:48 AMNo. There is currently one single "bickering" thread and the new forum software makes such threads easier than ever to ignore. The move has got nothing to do with GMG and everything with his recurrent habit of deleting his account periodically. He'll be back in a few months, maybe weeks.

There is some interesting conversation on that thread too once you decide to ignore the OP! :laugh:

kyjo

Quote from: Brian on March 10, 2024, 08:37:06 AMAre you preparing for graduation and job-hunting? Hope that you get some clarity and certainty soon!

Thanks, Brian! Yeah, this is likely my last semester in school, but there's a chance I'll be attending a post-graduate program next year if I receive a good scholarship! I'm also in the process of auditioning for professional orchestras - there's some tough competition out there, but I feel myself growing a bit more confident with each audition! :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

vandermolen

Quote from: kyjo on March 22, 2024, 11:57:34 AMThanks, Brian! Yeah, this is likely my last semester in school, but there's a chance I'll be attending a post-graduate program next year if I receive a good scholarship! I'm also in the process of auditioning for professional orchestras - there's some tough competition out there, but I feel myself growing a bit more confident with each audition! :)
All good wishes for this Kyle.