Announcements > GMG News

The GMG "How to...?" thread

(1/35) > >>

Maciek:
I'm starting this as a thread where those having trouble with the board technicalities (such as adding a picture to a post etc.) can ask other, more experienced members for help. Hope it will be of use.

Maciek

uffeviking:
Best idea in a long time! Thank you Maciek.  :-*

I noticed all the cover pictures of purchased CDs, etc. The only way I can manage it is so complicated going from this to that program. There has to be an easier way. Who can tell me, speaking English please, not Computerish!  ???

George:

Uffe:

I usually just click on "File" at the top left of the screen, then click "new window" and then use that new window to search for the image using google.

Once I find the image I want, I copy the address of the image, close the window (opened above). Then I paste the address onto the desired thread.   

SonicMan46:

--- Quote from: uffeviking on April 14, 2007, 05:46:54 PM ---Best idea in a long time! Thank you Maciek.  :-*

I noticed all the cover pictures of purchased CDs, etc. The only way I can manage it is so complicated going from this to that program. There has to be an easier way. Who can tell me, speaking English please, not Computerish!  ???

--- End quote ---

Lis - quite easy, as George has already explained; the first point to realize about an 'image' on the Web is that it has to have a unique URL (an address), so if you can find that address, copy it (using the usual Windows commands, i.e. Ctrl C & Ctrl V for 'copy' & 'paste'), and then 'paste it' into your message using the 'image icon' at the top of your 'Post Reply' then you're home free!  Always do a 'Preview' to make sure it has worked correctly.

As an example, below I decided to copy an image into this message from Amazon (you could go to any site or use Google & bring up the 'Images' selection -makes no difference) - the image was a Mozart disc of 'String Quintets', steps:

1.  Open a 'new' window & find the image desired, such as on Amazon.
2.  Bring up the image desired and the 'right-click' on the image.
3.  When the menu appears, select the 'Properties' option.
4.  When properties opens, go to the URL and use 'Ctrl-C' to copy the address (this is the unique identifier).
5.  Return to your 'Post Reply' and click on the icon 'Image' - a bracketed image set will appear.
6.  Between the two brackets, use 'Ctrl-V' to paste the image URL into that location; that is it.  Do as many as needed.

Now, you may find 'images' of different 'pixel sizes' esp. when using Google images - that is why some images posted seem 'small' & others appear 'huge' - usually an image in the 200 to 400 pixel range is a pretty nice size, but you can experiment to see what you like.  Hope this helps - Dave  :D  P.S. Simply click on reply to see the 'bracketed' image notation for the URL insertion; actually, you can simply type in these same commands (and all of the others) if you want to use the HTML language directly; just plenty of different options. 

Dancing Divertimentian:

--- Quote from: uffeviking on April 14, 2007, 05:46:54 PM ---I noticed all the cover pictures of purchased CDs, etc. The only way I can manage it is so complicated going from this to that program. There has to be an easier way. Who can tell me, speaking English please, not Computerish!  ???

--- End quote ---

Lis,

Do you have a Mac or a PC?

I have a Mac and it's super easy! Should translate perfectly to PC.

• As George and Sonic mentioned open a new window by clicking on the File option in your menu bar at the top left of your computer. Once you do that you'll be back on the net. 

• Find a pic (JPC, Amazon, CD Universe are good for CD covers).

• Go back to your GMG post leaving your 'new window' open.

• Type in [i m g] <-- Note: do NOT space letters out like this. I only did it because the normal lettering initiated the "insert image" process and made a mess of this post! ;D

• Simply drag pic from the 'new window' and insert it into your post after [i m g].

• Type in [ / i m g] after your pic and you're done!

Remember no spaces between letters in [img's] or [/img's].

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version