Author Topic: The GMG "How to...?" thread  (Read 49134 times)

Offline Opus106

• Veteran member
  • Bachafugaholic
Re: The GMG "How to...?" thread
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2011, 07:13:30 AM »
Ok then, sorry about that, I now realise it is a bad idea and could open up much abuse of the forum.   0:)

You can use it in your signature instead.

>:D
Regards,
Navneeth

DavidW

« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2011, 07:16:13 AM »
How did you do that anyway John? :)

Offline Est.1965

• Veteran member
  • Havergal Brian wrote two symphonies in 1965
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2011, 07:20:54 AM »
You can use it in your signature instead.

>:D

I don't know the code for inserting a gif into my signature, and Il Barone Scarpia will clearly be upset if I get it...so...what is the method of putting it in ones signature then???   >:D

DavidW, takes a lot of doing and a cross fabric of software.  I would have to write a mini booklet on it!  Amazing that I can do something like that but don't even know a simple code to insert the damn thing!
Dear Hans Rott
In the 1980s there was a creative punk group called "Big Audio Dynamite".  I have decided to apply the term to you, my man.  And I still haven't properly finished your Screenplay yet.  Too bad.  Take care anyway old chum, I'm off to listen to Brahms!
Kind regards, John

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2011, 07:26:10 AM »
I don't know the code for inserting a gif into my signature, and Il Barone Scarpia will clearly be upset if I get it...so...what is the method of putting it in ones signature then???   >:D

DavidW, takes a lot of doing and a cross fabric of software.  I would have to write a mini booklet on it!  Amazing that I can do something like that but don't even know a simple code to insert the damn thing!

Pictures in your sig are a snap, John. Post it on a host, copy the img link from them, paste it in your sig edit block. However, I don't know if the gif will be animated or not. I tried one in my avatar quite a while back and ran into the same thing you did. I think that part kills the animation. But the sig part might not do. Worth a try. :)

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Offline Opus106

• Veteran member
  • Bachafugaholic
« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2011, 07:27:32 AM »
Hey, John, look at my animated sig.! :D
Regards,
Navneeth

DavidW

« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2011, 07:31:04 AM »

Sounds too complicated for me, else I would have alot of fun making Wagner speak and so forth. ;D

Offline Opus106

• Veteran member
  • Bachafugaholic
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2011, 07:32:38 AM »
So what's Rott mouthing anyway?
Regards,
Navneeth

DavidW

« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »
So what's Rott mouthing anyway?

DAY ONE

Before I start nattering about it myself, Hans has a few things to say...
If it doesn't show here, then:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc-BVbABJEU
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Rc-BVbABJEU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Rc-BVbABJEU</a>
Ach!

From screenwriting antics in the diner.  It will be epic! ;D

Scarpia

« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2011, 07:35:48 AM »

Don't worry, I'll put a post-it on my screen to block the offending animated image.   :)

Offline Opus106

• Veteran member
  • Bachafugaholic
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2011, 07:37:40 AM »
From screenwriting antics in the diner.  It will be epic! ;D

Thanks. How did he get Hawking to dub? ;D And thumb up for Anton's "too bad". ;D
Regards,
Navneeth

Offline Est.1965

• Veteran member
  • Havergal Brian wrote two symphonies in 1965
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2011, 07:59:03 AM »
Thank you Gurn.  Hans is now publicly animated for the first time since 1884.  That's the easy part done.  Now I have to get him on film... 8)
Dear Hans Rott
In the 1980s there was a creative punk group called "Big Audio Dynamite".  I have decided to apply the term to you, my man.  And I still haven't properly finished your Screenplay yet.  Too bad.  Take care anyway old chum, I'm off to listen to Brahms!
Kind regards, John