The GMG "How to...?" thread

Started by Maciek, April 14, 2007, 03:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guido

How do I do the "checking unread replies since last visit" thing that I see people doing on the "Who's online" page?
Geologist.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

Franco

Quote from: Guido on July 15, 2010, 02:30:44 PM
How do I do the "checking unread replies since last visit" thing that I see people doing on the "Who's online" page?

I have a link next to my screen name

QuoteHello Franco
Show unread posts since last visit.

Just click it.

Guido

Cheers! Never look up there it seems!
Geologist.

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

karlhenning

QuoteThe following errors occurred when trying to save your profile:
The avatar you have selected is either too large or not an avatar.

Where do I find the specs?  I thought the file I've chosen was quite small enough, but I suppose I am mistaken.

12tone.

1) How do I post Youtube videos to this site so that when you click on them they instantly play?  I've seen you people do it.  Not the link, but the actual video shows.

2) And...

"How to play Baroque harpsichord music in the car during the summer with your windows rolled down and still be cool"

Opus106

Quote from: 12tone. on February 25, 2011, 10:58:23 PM
1) How do I post Youtube videos to this site so that when you click on them they instantly play?  I've seen you people do it.  Not the link, but the actual video shows.

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,2663.0.html
Regards,
Navneeth

12tone.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

12tone.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

John Copeland

I wanted to know that too, so thanks so much!

karlhenning

Lord save me for an heretic, John, but I just misread your Einstein quote as:

QuoteThe religion of the future will be a comic religion . . . .

karlhenning

When subscribing (or re-subscribing), what does checking (or un-checking) the "Make this a recurring payment" box signify? I.e., is that needed to automate this as monthly, or does it have to do with annual renewal?

Thanks!

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on February 27, 2011, 02:48:01 PM
When subscribing (or re-subscribing), what does checking (or un-checking) the "Make this a recurring payment" box signify? I.e., is that needed to automate this as monthly, or does it have to do with annual renewal?

Thanks!

It automates it as monthly.

Thank you, amigo. :)

8)

----------------
Now playing:
Haydn Sinfonietta Wien \ Huss - Hob 02 01 Divertimento a cinque in G for Flute, Oboe & Strings 2nd mvmt - Andante moderato
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Maciek

Quote from: another thread
I can't believe this fantastic composer only has one page. :o

The easy workaround would be this: go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout. Next to "Messages to display per page" select "5".

(Personally, I keep it set to 50. Which leads to various misunderstandings, when e.g. people say "look at page 3 of such and such thread" and I can't find anything because over here the given thread only has 2 pages...)

;)

John Copeland

I have posted an animated GIf file as my Avatar...but it is not animated.  Any way around this?

Scarpia

Quote from: John of Glasgow on June 13, 2011, 08:04:00 AM
I have posted an animated GIf file as my Avatar...but it is not animated.  Any way around this?

Thank god it is not animated!  If you get it to work I fill finally have to get that "ad-block" software working so I can suppress it. 

John Copeland

QuoteIl Barone Scarpia:  Thank god it is not animated!  If you get it to work I fill finally have to get that "ad-block" software working so I can suppress it.

Ok then, sorry about that, I now realise it is a bad idea and could open up much abuse of the forum.   0:)

Scarpia

Quote from: John of Glasgow on June 13, 2011, 08:10:10 AM

Ok then, sorry about that, I now realise it is a bad idea and could open up much abuse of the forum.   0:)

Up to you.  It is entertaining at first, I'm not sure about the 100th time.   ;D  I recall that Greg put of an animated avatar, and that was the only time I used the "ignore" function on the site.   :P