New/Not New

Started by MN Dave, September 16, 2020, 06:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MN Dave

:)  :D  :(  >:D

How you all doing? Still alive?
"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence." — Arthur Schopenhauer

Papy Oli

Welcome back to your Shed !
Olivier

MN Dave

"The effect of music is so very much more powerful and penetrating than is that of the other arts, for these others speak only of the shadow, but music of the essence." — Arthur Schopenhauer

bhodges

Quote from: MN Dave on September 16, 2020, 06:35:20 AM

Not dead, just asleep.  ;D

(To paraphrase a Monty Python classic.) Good to see you.

--Bruce

MN Dave

Quote from: Brewski on September 16, 2020, 02:04:07 PM
Not dead, just asleep.  ;D

(To paraphrase a Monty Python classic.) Good to see you.

--Bruce

:)

vandermolen

Good to see you back here.
:)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

MN Dave

Que

Welcome back!   :)

How long has it been?

Q

Karl Henning

Alive, but for the time being, not kicking.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

MN Dave

MN Dave

Gurn Blanston

Huh, Minnesota, eh. Beauty!  Must be winter's a'comin', effing Minnesota Dave done crawled out into the light. :D :D  Hey, Dude! :D

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

MN Dave

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on September 19, 2020, 04:47:12 PM
Huh, Minnesota, eh. Beauty!  Must be winter's a'comin', effing Minnesota Dave done crawled out into the light. :D :D  Hey, Dude! :D

8)

You look familiar  ;D

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: MN Dave on September 19, 2020, 04:53:02 PM
You look familiar  ;D

I suppose so, eh!  Like your pitcher: ain't that Choppin'?

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

MN Dave

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on September 19, 2020, 05:09:18 PM
I suppose so, eh!  Like your pitcher: ain't that Choppin'?

8)

That's what they tell me.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: MN Dave on September 19, 2020, 05:12:22 PM
That's what they tell me.

Mine's Haydn. Go figure. Is there a He Shed yet?

8)

MN Dave

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on September 19, 2020, 05:14:06 PM
Mine's Haydn. Go figure. Is there a He Shed yet?

8)
. There are a few buried in the Diner.

Sergeant Rock

Just checked my pulse. Good to go. How you doin'?

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

MN Dave

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on September 20, 2020, 07:49:13 AM
Just checked my pulse. Good to go. How you doin'?

Sarge

A bit more depressed overall but still capable of fighting it. Above ground is good, right?  :laugh:

Karl Henning

Quote from: MN Dave on September 20, 2020, 07:56:53 AM
A bit more depressed overall but still capable of fighting it. Above ground is good, right?  :laugh:

Agreed!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot