What do u prefer in ancient lore: Gregorian, Ars Vetus, Ars Nova, Ars Subtilior?

Started by Carlo Gesualdo, October 02, 2020, 06:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo Gesualdo

As an undisputed Fanboy of Gregorian (Pre Medieval music)  and Medieval  3 time lapse, which are  Ars Vetus (early medieval music), Ars Nova (treaty of Philippe DE Vitry era and to and extent Machaut last effort in era) or Ars Subtilior ( the most flamboyant period of medieval era  colorful if you understand what I mean).

So this is a poll choose and say why do you choose them, hard choice for me I like most pre medieval and medieval 3 time span in general, But I will have to go whit Ars Vetus subtil simplicity sometime it's suprising how Ars Vetus sound strangely like Ars nova that would came later , well some composer were avant-garde to there era just like Ars Nova and Ars ssubtiolor that was quasi  earliest renaissance sounding...

1- Gregorian is the best for me more than anything?
2-Ars Vetus is the best for me more than anything?
3-Ars Nova is the best for me more than anything?
4-Ars Subtilior is the best for me  more than anything
5-combination of selection of choices max tree choice you like best
6-I like everything ancient lore has to offer
7-I don't pay attention to music of Gregorian (pre-medieval or medieval)

I want a maximum of answers and tell me why, because I'm curious to know but explain why exhaustively or simply please before?

Thanks for friends, supporters , nice wanderer from east to west, north to south nationwide & worldwide.

Have a nice day folks?, my honors and respect to those whoms participate, impress me, participate in horde, everyone welcome, by anyone I mean anyone, welcome on this Poll I just made.

8)