Author Topic: R.I.P. Alexander Alexandrovich Vedernikov (conductor)  (Read 197 times)

Offline Scion7

• Veteran member
  • A vajda az én dolgom, és az üzlet jó.
R.I.P. Alexander Alexandrovich Vedernikov (conductor)
« on: October 31, 2020, 10:48:35 AM »
[January 1964 – October 2020] - death due to COVID-19.

The Germans, who make doctrines out of everything, deal with music learnedly; the Italians, being voluptuous, seek in it lively, though fleeting, sensations; the French, more vain than perceptive, manage to speak of it wittily; and the English pay for it . . . - Stendhal

Offline MusicTurner

• Veteran member
Re: R.I.P. Alexander Alexandrovich Vedernikov (conductor)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 10:57:33 AM »
He was an important name also in the musical life here in Copenhagen, including at the Royal Theatre, and was to have conducted Beethoven's 9th yesterday. The concert then partly became a memorial to him, with added music.
Needless to say perhaps - he was only in his 50s, so it was very unexpected, and he will be missed a lot here.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:00:09 AM by MusicTurner »

Offline Scion7

• Veteran member
  • A vajda az én dolgom, és az üzlet jó.
Re: R.I.P. Alexander Alexandrovich Vedernikov (conductor)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 11:07:32 AM »
the photos that I have seen of him showed him to be a tad 'chubby' and the disease is hard on such people
The Germans, who make doctrines out of everything, deal with music learnedly; the Italians, being voluptuous, seek in it lively, though fleeting, sensations; the French, more vain than perceptive, manage to speak of it wittily; and the English pay for it . . . - Stendhal