R.I.P. Alexander Alexandrovich Vedernikov (conductor)

Started by Scion7, October 31, 2020, 10:48:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scion7

[January 1964 – October 2020] - death due to COVID-19.

When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

MusicTurner

He was an important name also in the musical life here in Copenhagen, including at the Royal Theatre, and was to have conducted Beethoven's 9th yesterday. The concert then partly became a memorial to him, with added music.
Needless to say perhaps - he was only in his 50s, so it was very unexpected, and he will be missed a lot here.

Scion7

the photos that I have seen of him showed him to be a tad 'chubby' and the disease is hard on such people
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."