OperaVision broadcasts

Started by bhodges, November 01, 2020, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhodges

A friend alerted me to this site, with some two dozen operas available at the moment. She was interested in Mozart's Cosi fan tutte from the Finnish National Opera, which looks great, and there are other enticing offerings as well. I want to watch Prokofiev's War and Peace, and Chaya Czernowin's Infinite Now.

https://operavision.eu/en/library/%C3%B3peras

--Bruce

bhodges

Oops, the title of the Mozart above is Covid fan tutte. Now I want to see it even more.  ;D

--Bruce

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Brewski on November 01, 2020, 03:46:04 PM
A friend alerted me to this site, with some two dozen operas available at the moment. She was interested in Mozart's Cosi fan tutte from the Finnish National Opera, which looks great, and there are other enticing offerings as well. I want to watch Prokofiev's War and Peace, and Chaya Czernowin's Infinite Now.

https://operavision.eu/en/library/%C3%B3peras

--Bruce

Thanks, Magnificent Bruce.

bhodges

Most welcome. I'm assuming their offerings change, but there's enough posted right now to keep someone busy for months.

--Bruce

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Brewski on November 02, 2020, 05:20:53 AM
Oops, the title of the Mozart above is Covid fan tutte. Now I want to see it even more.  ;D

--Bruce

Booo! But have you seen the one called "The Masked Ball"?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

bhodges

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 05, 2020, 09:04:50 AM
Booo! But have you seen the one called "The Masked Ball"?

PD

;D

(I did check the site again, just in case.)

--Bruce

Madiel

Quote from: Brewski on November 02, 2020, 04:00:39 PM
Most welcome. I'm assuming their offerings change, but there's enough posted right now to keep someone busy for months.

--Bruce

The offerings do change, although of course 2020 has been a little different. Normally something is available for around 6 months I think. They list them in order from the newest to the oldest (ones nearest to expiry).

It's a very good way to try out some opera (which really, is all I do), with good quality video and decent subtitles. YouTube has really come a long way as a serious platform.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

bhodges

Quote from: Madiel on December 16, 2020, 03:47:23 PM
YouTube has really come a long way as a serious platform.

Yes. Both audio and video have increased in quality from the early days. And further, so many people and institutions are using it (especially now), it seems like you can find virtually anything. Off-topic example: Recently I commented on the opening graphics for Star Trek: Discovery, and a friend asked if I'd seen the opening credits for The Crown. I hadn't, but of course, a quick YouTube search and voila.

--Bruce