Creating Your Own Fake Album Covers --- Just For Fun

Started by Mirror Image, November 07, 2020, 11:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I'd love to see if anyone here has an eye for creating their classical album covers and of course they're fake albums that don't exist. So it would be great to see what kind of creativity people have here who have the software to create an album cover.

Here's one of mine that I created last night:

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 07, 2020, 11:57:33 AM
Hello All,

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I'd love to see if anyone here has an eye for creating their classical album covers and of course they're fake albums that don't exist. So it would be great to see what kind of creativity people have here who have the software to create an album cover.

Nice idea John but I don't have the technical skill to do this. Having said that I remember enjoying this April Fool Joke (also Boulez):

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on November 08, 2020, 02:08:15 PM
Nice idea John but I don't have the technical skill to do this. Having said that I remember enjoying this April Fool Joke (also Boulez):

Haha...Boulez conducting RVW. Now, that would be something. ;)

Sergeant Rock

I've done a few in the past, usually jokes that were funnier in their original context in response to a topic or someone's post. My favorite was requested by snyprrr who wanted a sexy Shosty 7th Symphony cover. It violated  forum rules though so I can't post it here now. I greatly prefer my Feldman cover to the original  :D

Sarge

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 08, 2020, 02:51:24 PM
Haha...Boulez conducting RVW. Now, that would be something. ;)

Indeed! Having said that I was amazed to find a genuine CD featuring Karajan conducting Walton's 1st Symphony.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on November 08, 2020, 03:08:57 PM
I've done a few in the past, usually jokes that were funnier in their original context in response to a topic or someone's post. My favorite was requested for snyprrr who wanted a sexy Shosty 7th Symphony cover. It violated  forum rules though so I can't post it here now. I greatly prefer my Feldman cover to the original  :D

Sarge

Love the Mercury and the Pettersson!

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: vandermolen on November 08, 2020, 03:12:15 PM
Love the Mercury and the Pettersson!

Whenever I listen to that performance of Pettersson's 7th, I post that cover. It's fooled several people  8)

Sarge

Sergeant Rock

Symphonic Addict

Hello All,

So cool, John! Looks very atmospheric. You have much more common sense than many recording labels when making cover arts.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Symphonic Addict

Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on November 08, 2020, 07:28:41 PM
So cool, John! Looks very atmospheric. You have much more common sense than many recording labels when making cover arts.

Thanks, Cesar! I appreciate that. Yes, it does seem that some labels have lost a lot of their creativity when comes to cover art. One of the labels that I feel has lost it's way a bit is Hyperion. Some of their covers are just plain ugly these days.

Pohjolas Daughter

Hello All,

What program do you use to create them MI?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Hello All,

I like it a lot!

Mirror Image

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Thanks, I'll look into it.  I think that at one point, at least, that you had to pay for it?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Mirror Image

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 09, 2020, 12:56:38 PM
Thanks, I'll look into it.  I think that at one point, at least, that you had to pay for it?

PD

I'm not sure about that --- this came already installed on my computer.