Author Topic: Death of Sean Connery  (Read 2155 times)

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
  • Currently Listening to:
    ...brume au-dessus de l’eau...
Re: Death of Sean Connery
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2020, 03:44:38 PM »
A brilliant actor who starred in many iconic roles. He will not be forgotten. RIP, Mr. Connery.
“Works of art create rules; rules do not create works of art.” - Claude Debussy

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2020, 05:15:04 PM »
Incredibly charming person too.  This interview from I think 1979 or 1980 (when ever Meteor came out), he's so freaking likeable I want to have a pint with him but think he'll have scotch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qros3Bsrb9A

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2020, 04:36:44 AM »
Announced this week that Sir Bobby Charlton diagnosed with dementia.

Sad news, especially after the death of Nobby Stiles. I'm old enough to have been at the 1966 World Cup Final. All I remember is the huge crowds.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Handelian

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2020, 05:39:12 AM »
Sad news, especially after the death of Nobby Stiles. I'm old enough to have been at the 1966 World Cup Final. All I remember is the huge crowds.

They were talking about Nobby Stiles on the radio and his notorious tackling. When asked by the manager to ‘mark Eusebio’ he replied, ‘just for the match or for life?’

Offline AlberichUndHagen

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2020, 08:40:05 AM »
My favorite non-Bond-roles from Sean Connery are definitely Henry Jones Sr. from The Last Crusade And Daniel Dravot from The Man Who Would Be King.

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2020, 09:52:00 AM »
They were talking about Nobby Stiles on the radio and his notorious tackling. When asked by the manager to ‘mark Eusebio’ he replied, ‘just for the match or for life?’

That's lovely! Very funny.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).