Author Topic: Op 97  (Read 1135 times)

Brass Hole

Re: Op 97
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 10:35:49 AM »
A wonderful Opus 97!  Thank you for mentioning it.  Personally, I do love the brisk pace that Zinman/Tonhalle Orchester Zurich do on the Schumann symphonies.
In fact, Zinman was included in my Schumann symphonies survey. My conclusion was that he forewent warmth and richness for lucidity. I do not like this workmanly approach in any of these works. Try Gaudenz's if possible and you haven't before and see the difference.

Offline OrchestralNut

• Veteran member
  • My Lagostina 5 qt. Dutch oven
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2020, 10:38:11 AM »
In fact, Zinman was included in my Schumann symphonies survey. My conclusion was that he forewent warmth and richness for lucidity. I do not like this workmanly approach in any of these works. Try Gaudenz's if possible and you haven't before and see the difference.

Oh, is your survey anywhere here?  Schumann's Shoebox?  Thanks for the recommendation.

Brass Hole

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2020, 10:52:30 AM »
Oh, is your survey anywhere here?  Schumann's Shoebox?  Thanks for the recommendation.

:) In one of my shoeboxes where I keep my on-going surveys for many main repertoire for decades.

Offline OrchestralNut

• Veteran member
  • My Lagostina 5 qt. Dutch oven
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2020, 10:57:55 AM »
:) In one of my shoeboxes where I keep my on-going surveys for many main repertoire for decades.

Aha, I see!