Author Topic: What game are you playing?  (Read 220495 times)

Offline LKB

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    something between my ears
Re: What game are you playing?
« Reply #1660 on: July 01, 2022, 03:11:05 AM »
Half-Life remains the only game which ever got a real scare outta me. That one map with those f***ing headcrabs in the air ducts... :laugh:
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #1661 on: July 04, 2022, 08:24:02 PM »
Metal Gear Solid 4
Feels like despite still keeping some of the goofiness of the series, the tone of this game is super super somber.
I liked the chameleon-like camouflage mechanic, and how you shake your controller to remove it, but seems like it was almost not even needed.
Satisfying in the sense that this is really the actual chronological ending of the MGS series.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Although technically this is the last game in the series chronologically, feels more like an epilogue, story-wise.
This is the most action-y action game of all time. But the gameplay feels a bit repetitive and simplistic because of it.
It does look amazing, though, one of the best looking PS3 games of all time IMO.
Weird thing is how this game got some recent surge in popularity online, I ended up seeing bits of the final boss fight in videos unintentionally. It's been super meme-y lately, despite the game being like 7-8 years old.

As for Metal Gear Solid 5, bought it and will play eventually, but not sure when. Unlike the other games in the series, it's super long.

For now, I'd rank the MGS games like:
3 > 4 > 1 > 2 > PW

Chrono Cross
Playing the HD remake. Got a physical release for Switch from Play Asia.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Offline relm1

• Veteran member
« Reply #1662 on: Today at 04:42:35 AM »
Half-Life remains the only game which ever got a real scare outta me. That one map with those f***ing headcrabs in the air ducts... :laugh:

That was a great, great game and very influential.  I never played the sequels though.

Offline LKB

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    something between my ears
« Reply #1663 on: Today at 09:22:52 AM »
Seriously thinking of downloading RDR2 today...
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...