The Back Room > The Diner

USA Politics (redux)

(1/670) > >>

Brewski:
Dear forum members,

The moderators have decided to close the old thread and provide a fresh start with a new SINGLE thread on USA Politics. This thread will cover all discussions on political developments, movements, and personalities in the United States of America. Guidelines below are similar to the ones before.

GENERAL COMMENTS:

This forum is first and foremost a classical music forum and community. The Diner offers an opportunity for members to talk also about other topics than classical music, including politics. But what binds us and which is the purpose of this forum, is an interest in classical music.

Those who show no or little interest in participating in the classical music discussions on this forum, and whose sole or main focus is on discussing politics, are encouraged to consider pursuing that interest elsewhere.

We are renewing our efforts to provide opportunity for a genuine, civil and intelligent discussions on USA politics. But we want to make very clear that maintaining a positive and cordial atmosphere between our members takes absolute priority. The disingenuity and animosity that can mark some of these discussions are not in the general interest of the forum.

GUIDELINES:

1. All discussions on USA politics are to be conducted in this thread. Any other post on USA politics, inside or outside The Diner, will be deleted immediately.
2. All discussions are to be conducted in a civil manner. From the general forum guidelines: Please treat other members [...] with courtesy and respect. [...] do not make personal attacks, belittle, make fun of, or insult another member.
3. Trolling will not be tolerated, and this restriction in particular will be more rigorously enforced than before. From the general forum guidelines: A forum troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or inflammatory messages [...] with the deliberate intent to bait users into responding. This can range from very subtle jibes to outright personal attacks. [...] do not try to deliberately provoke another member into an ill-natured argument.
4. ALL posts should be aimed at contributing to a genuine and meaningful discussion and contain a personal explanation or position. Posts with only or mainly links or quotes are strongly discouraged. Posts need to be on topic and without comments on other members.
5. Any questionable posts will be deleted in their entirety, including any replies that quote them, and the moderating decisions to that effect are not open for discussion or correspondence.

Thank you,
The moderators

k a rl h e nn i ng:
The scary data point this morning is that 70% of Republicans have swallowed Trump's completely unsubstantiated agitprop that he cannot have lost this fair and free election.

Brewski:

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on November 10, 2020, 03:51:16 PM ---The scary data point this morning is that 70% of Republicans have swallowed Trump's completely unsubstantiated agitprop that he cannot have lost this fair and free election.

--- End quote ---

Yes. Though I don't officially "follow" him on Twitter (most of his 88.9M followers are bots, anyway), I encourage anyone who hasn't seen his Twitter feed to take a look, especially since he has insisted on governing by Twitter, which is absurd. I think any public figure, including him, should be on Twitter. But not to discuss policy, or wail like a 5-year-old (no offense to 5-year-olds), or create fake drama where there is no need. And now, it's just getting embarrassing.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Meanwhile, I've ordered one of these t-shirts. This story is going to be comedic gold for years.

https://shopclass.threadless.com/designs/four-seasons-total-landscaping/?fbclid=IwAR101yPaOr2q9sDnxL6plqyRiKffMrPu6ziwZI2ZKhkC-QbdqUXvvfC6AWM#

--Bruce

SimonNZ:
Bruce: how do you personally rate Trump's chances of ratfucking his way into a second term?

Brewski:

--- Quote from: SimonNZ on November 10, 2020, 04:29:25 PM ---Bruce: how do you personally rate Trump's chances of ratfucking his way into a second term?

--- End quote ---

I don't consider myself the best gauge, but so far, all of his legal efforts have been dismissed. That said, I'm concerned by today's departure of some top Department of Defense officials:

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/1326263924027748352?s=20

--Bruce

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version