USA Politics (redux)

Started by bhodges, November 10, 2020, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

That whole hearing was just a bizarre Jerry Springer-like spectacle, with this whacky woman talking over everybody all the time, and people applauding partisan points. A classic.

drogulus

Quote from: Herman on December 04, 2020, 07:18:40 AM
That whole hearing was just a bizarre Jerry Springer-like spectacle, with this whacky woman talking over everybody all the time, and people applauding partisan points. A classic.

The exchange between SuperWitness and a perplexed Repub over the poll book will go down in history as far down as you can get.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Herman

Quote from: drogulus on December 04, 2020, 08:46:56 AM
     The exchange between SuperWitness and a perplexed Repub over the poll book will go down in history as far down as you can get.

Still 45 days to go, so who knows?

71 dB

I predicted a year ago that 2020 will be completely insane in the US politics and it surely has been that, but for completely different way than what I predicted.  We did not get the total meltdown of the establishment because of Bernie Sanders' victory in the election, but we certainly get something else! The "clown coup" of the last month alone has been overhelming in it's lunacy.

Nearly half of Americans have lost their mind and are completely detached from reality. I'm not sure what at this point keeps the US from collapsing as a society. Perhaps the other half of Americans still having some touch to reality? Anyway it's a scary show. It is possible the US becomes a Russia-like totalitarian country in my lifetime and that is a scary thought! We can only hope millions of Americans will abandon the Trump cult and come to their senses, back to the real World with real facts, reason and logic.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

71 dB

Quote from: Herman on December 04, 2020, 09:42:59 AM
Still 45 days to go, so who knows?

ALL THE CHINESE PEOPLE LOOK THE SAME!!! >:D

January 20 can't come soon enough.

Herman

Quote from: 71 dB on December 04, 2020, 09:52:04 AM
ALL THE CHINESE PEOPLE LOOK THE SAME!!! >:D

January 20 can't come soon enough.

And mind you, the person who said this, prefaced it with saying that people told her all Indians (like her) looked the same. So it was a sort of stereotype double whammy.

Jan 20 won't change anything about these attitudes. Counter to what would seem logical, racism has gone up immensily since Obama won the presidency.

MusicTurner

An offer from Kellyanne Conway:
"... it looks like Joe Biden and Kamala Harris will prevail (...) If there's anything I can ever do to help ... they can count on me."
https://19thnews.org/2020/12/kellyanne-conway-acknowledges-it-looks-like-joe-biden-and-kamala-harris-will-prevail/

Michael Cohen: #45 just keeps going for the money; I voted Biden.
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/michael-cohen-reveals-the-endgame-of-trumps-post-election-hysterics-he-cant-go-back-to-real-estate/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

71 dB

Quote from: Herman on December 04, 2020, 10:45:21 AM
Jan 20 won't change anything about these attitudes.

Unfortunately. You are right about that, but Jan. 20 at least restores some sanity to the White House. That's how low the par for the leaders of countries are these days. Sane person => GREAT!  :-\

T. D.

Herman

Quote from: drogulus on December 04, 2020, 08:46:56 AM

And yet, if we look at how things have been going in the GOP this century, we can expect Blunt Melissa to be a national candidate in 2024.

And people will love her.

SimonNZ

Who is "Blunt Melissa"?

in attempting to google that I stumble across this from the Galveston County Daily News::

Tucker Carlson should be the GOP's choice for 2024

edit: listening to the latest episode of The New Abnormal podcast and guessing it must be this Melissa Carone they're mocking

MusicTurner

drogulus

Quote from: Herman on December 04, 2020, 12:23:13 PM
And yet, if we look at how things have been going in the GOP this century, we can expect Blunt Melissa to be a national candidate in 2024.

And people will love her.

Rudy was the sober one. Imagine that.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

T. D.

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-lawyer-jenna-ellis-elite-195738771.html

How Is Trump's Lawyer Jenna Ellis 'Elite Strike Force' Material?
Ellis' work appears to largely be in a public relations capacity. The Trump campaign and its supporters have so far filed about 50 election-related lawsuits. She has not signed her name or appeared in court to argue a single one.

In a written statement responding to questions about her record, Ellis described herself as "a highly experienced and highly qualified attorney and expert in my field." Any assertions to the contrary "cast me in a false light," she said. The Trump campaign provided the name of one federal case in which it said Ellis had participated, in 2012, when she was a year out of law school. But her name is not among the lawyers listed in the decision, and the case was not heard in a regular federal court, but rather in an administrative tribunal.

Well, she doesn't fart on video and her hair dye doesn't melt.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on December 04, 2020, 01:01:40 PM
........... it turns out that Melissa just got off probation for computer-related crimes:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/giuliani-michigan-carone-computer-crime-b1766472.html
I didn't see her testimony, but looking at the article, I'm a bit confused:

"According to the Mail, Ms Carone, 33, was sentenced last September to 12 months of probation for an as-yet-unreported incident in 2018, which court documents refer to as 'disorderly circumstances warranting alarm" and "computers-using to commit a crime.'"

I guess that I would have thought that if she had already been put on probation, that the incident would have been on the record (unless possibly due to age?)?

PD

p.s.  I just heard on one program this:  "In 2018, Carone was charged with obscenity for allegedly emailing sexually explicit videos to her boyfriend's ex. She pleaded guilty to a lesser charge, which was dismissed after she served probation."  The quote is from MSN news.  I just heard it on another program.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Daverz

Quote from: drogulus on December 04, 2020, 01:15:06 PM
     Rudy was the sober one. Imagine that.

Sober?  No, I suspect Rudy took the lady out for a friendly drink or two ... or three ... before the session, and it did not occur to him what effect such an unexceptional amount of alcohol -- for Rudy -- might have on a normal person.

71 dB

The truck driver witness makes money on ghost videos, claims ghosts follow his family:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fraud-witness-also-believes-ghosts-are-haunting-his-family?source=twitter&via=desktop

What if Biden got paranormal votes from ghosts? Dead people voted they say...  :P

Herman

........... it turns out that Melissa just got off probation for computer-related crimes:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/giuliani-michigan-carone-computer-crime-b1766472.html

In Florida there has been a huge effort to give felons the right to vote. So in itself a felony should not disqualify a person from testifying. However, one could not help but notice that MI Republicans rejected the proposal to have Mellissa and her fellow witnesses testify under oath, so as not to to hinder the bullshit and fart festival that ensued.

It's been clear for a while that Trump and Giuliani are scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

It's not nice to say so, perhaps, but Jenna Ellis' most conspicuous qualifications are, not necessarily in that order, that she looks good on camera (do note the liberal doses of shadow under her cheek bones for a somewhat sexier look) and is well in the religious corner (like so many late stage Trump cronies). Like so many of these people Trump spotted her on tv.

Herman

Slate's Lili Loofburow has a nice analysis about the all-American type of crank Mellissa C. embodies, and why it's wrong to dismiss them as crazy. (I couldn't help but admire the way Kimmel spotted Mellissa's interesting phonetics in e.g. "threat ened", though.)

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/12/melissa-carone-michigan-testimony-not-funny.html

"Cranks matter now. They are being given seats at the table, not just as witnesses but as officials. The president is a crank. So is his team, which is trying to overthrow the results of the election. Sidney Powell is a crank. Rudy Giuliani is a crank. QAnon cranks have been elected to Congress. If Donald Trump has proven anything, it's that a massive number of Americans don't have a "bridge too far" when it comes to crankish excesses we still somehow think the public will find disqualifying."