USA Politics (redux)

Started by bhodges, November 10, 2020, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

Considering Republican lawmakers gave information and tours on Jan 5th to people who were going to break the law the next day in a big way, I think there needs to be a big rethink about making the Capitol and the White House 100% safe as to Biden and Harris being in the same room as dangerous nutcases like Boebert who insist on skipping the metal detectors because they want to be armed.

Back in 2009 or so you had this deranged representitive who called "You lie" during the State of the Union. Next time it can be a gunshot. These people have an extremily limited moral sense.

Herman

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 13, 2021, 10:16:46 PM
#45 "has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani's legal fees...and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president's behalf to challenge election results in key states."

"White House officials have started blocking Mr. Giuliani's calls to the president, another adviser said."

Isn't that totally Trump? Stiffing the contractors is what he's been doing for decades.

I keep thinking about that godawful guy Matt Gaetz who ended his extra-long speech on the floor yesterday by screaming and yelling.

Why would you do this, when you have a microphone, a camera right in front of you and about twenty colleagues barely listening because they've heard this over and over again?

It's from the dictator handbook: you have to yell and scream to scare the listeners at home into thinking the world is coming to an end.

MusicTurner

Forgot the exact source, but read that Giuliani's basic fee has been $ 20,000 per active day - presumably regardless of the number of blunders.

As mentioned earlier, during the Capitol riots he phoned the wrong congressman, leaving a potentially incriminating message on the mobile. His speech there was not good for procedures against #45 either.

Herman

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 14, 2021, 12:30:13 AM
Forgot the exact source, but read that Giuliani's basic fee has been $ 20,000 per active day - presumably regardless of the number of blunders.

That was just a fantasy number. As judges again and again suggested, Giuliani is not a serious lawyer; he cannot conduct a legal argument. It's all theatre for the fans at home, including breaking wind in the court room.

If you want, you can try and charge for this kind of stuff, but Giuliani's saying "we'll work something out in the end" again shows how needy and deeply clueless he is. Everyone knows Trump doesn't even pay for successful work if given the chance, let alone he's going to pay for failure.

Karl Henning

Quote from: Herman on January 14, 2021, 12:11:16 AM
Isn't that totally Trump? Stiffing the contractors is what he's been doing for decades.

Indeed.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: Herman on January 14, 2021, 12:38:06 AM
That was just a fantasy number. As judges again and again suggested, Giuliani is not a serious lawyer; he cannot conduct a legal argument. It's all theatre for the fans at home, including breaking wind in the court room.

Performative assholery.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

milk

Quote from: Herman on January 14, 2021, 12:38:06 AM

Trump farted on his call with the Georgia AG. He farted and then apologized for farting. Just in case anyone is counting.

BasilValentine

Quote from: milk on January 14, 2021, 04:21:08 AM
Trump farted on his call with the Georgia AG. He farted and then apologized for farting. Just in case anyone is counting.

Trump admitted guilt and apologized? Never thought I'd hear that.

Herman

Apart from not getting paid for making a total and irredeemable fool of himself, chances of Giuliani getting a pre-emptive pardon are pretty slim now, so he'd better get a suitcase ready for when it's time for jail.

Trump is now in the hard position of either giving a middle finger to DoJ by pardoning his former buddies, or giving his former buddies the same by not pardoning them. Choices, choices...

drogulus

What's the best place to live that has no extradition treaty with the US? It's not for me, I'm staying put.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

SimonNZ

Looking at the list - there's way more than I would have thought.

For myself I'd pick Vietnam.

For Trump? I was going to say Indonesia as the most highest populated Muslim country, but then remembered he's got businesses there, which it why it wasn't part of the Muslim Travel Ban. Gotta be Mainland China then.

SimonNZ

Herman

Susan Collins will never cease to amaze you with her dumbness.

This, of course, is the senator who held up the first Trump impeachment proceedings because she claimed to be thinking about it, and then she decided Trump would be chastened by having been impeached, and be a better man henceforth.

You really need to hear her say her stupid stuff for extra impact.

milk

Quote from: BasilValentine on January 14, 2021, 05:36:44 AM
Trump admitted guilt and apologized? Never thought I'd hear that.
amazing as it seems, it's true. A friend of mine time-stamped and I checked it out. This is a verified trump fart and a verified trump, "excuse me."
Maybe a Jeopardy question.
"I'll take MAGA for 400 please."
"It is the only thing trump apologized for."
"What is a fart?"

Fëanor

Quote from: Herman on January 15, 2021, 12:56:08 AM
Susan Collins will never cease to amaze you with her dumbness.

This, of course, is the senator who held up the first Trump impeachment proceedings because she claimed to be thinking about it, and then she decided Trump would be chastened by having been impeached, and be a better man henceforth.

You really need to hear her say her stupid stuff for extra impact.

Time long overdue for Collins to retire.

Trump's behavior will never change.  He is a pathological narcissist which means various really bad things which include that he is and was always right, ("stable genius").  See ... Narcissistic Personality Disorder

I predicted (on other forums) months before the election the Trump couldn't handle defeat and rejection.  Sees I was right.  But subconsciously Trump suspected he might lose so he concocted the mail-in ballot fraud scenario.  Transparently he was setting himself up with an excuse for the election results:  that was obvious for anyone with a brain -- which excludes brainless dupes as well as self-interested lackeys and hangers-on.

Mandryka

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen

drogulus

A Republican senator from Oklahoma apologizes to Black constituents for seeking to disenfranchise them.

What for is there an apology? Repubs don't apologize for racist vote suppression, they are the practitioners of it. Is Sen. Lankford on drugs?

"After decades of fighting for voting rights, many Black friends in Oklahoma saw this as a direct attack on their right to vote, for their vote to matter, and even a belief that their votes made an election in our country illegitimate," he wrote, according to the news site Tulsa World.

Mr. Lankford said in the letter that he had never intended to "diminish the voice of any Black American." Still, he added, "I should have recognized how what I said and what I did could be interpreted by many of you."

Sen. Lankford doesn't want to be misinterpreted.

Mr. Lankford and other Republicans had claimed that by challenging the election results, they were exercising their independence and acting in the interests of constituents who were demanding answers.

"There are lots of folks in my state that still want those answers to come out," Mr. Lankford said a few days before the Electoral College vote was certified.

White people want answers, that's all.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

SimonNZ

meanwhile at Fox:

I just heard someone compare the Republicans now calling for "unity" yo an abusive husband saying "stop your bitching about me hitting you - if you want peace in this house then keep your mouth shut".

MusicTurner

Those legal steps from Dominion voting systems can be pretty effective.

Here's a another example, just in:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/statement.html

Pohjolas Daughter

Apparently demonstrators came within 100 feet of Mike Pence..and his family!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/01/15/report-capitol-mob-came-within-100-feet-of-pence/?sh=37b4d07018e6

I heard the news on CNN, but here is a link to an article about it.  Also, I caught some horribly disturbing videos and interviews with police as to what they went through there.  Also heard there:  Trump wants a military-style sendoff!  ::)

PD

Pohjolas Daughter