USA Politics (redux)

Started by bhodges, November 10, 2020, 01:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 15, 2021, 11:31:26 AM
Those legal steps from Dominion voting systems can be pretty effective.

Here's a another example, just in:
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/statement.html
Interesting, MT.  I know that Dominion is gearing up to sue Trump and others for their lies and the damage to their brand.

PD

EDIT:  Ah, I just caught your first sentence.  I don't know anything about American Thinker, but wondering whether or not they were in the process of being sued?
Pohjolas Daughter

SimonNZ

But as with the Washington Times retracted "Antifa infiltrators in the insurrection" claim the retraction will have nowhere near the transmission the original bullshit did.

I hope Dominion go ahead with their lawsuit.

I hadn't heard of AmericanThinker - or if I had I've forgotten - but looking into them now they seem well nutty. From Wikipedia:

"Right Wing Watch points out that American Thinker has published a complimentary piece on white nationalist Jared Taylor, and asserted that rainbow-colored Doritos are a "gateway snack to introduce children to the joys of homosexuality"

MusicTurner

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 15, 2021, 11:44:08 AM
Interesting, MT.  I know that Dominion is gearing up to sue Trump and others for their lies and the damage to their brand.

PD

EDIT:  Ah, I just caught your first sentence.  I don't know anything about American Thinker, but wondering whether or not they were in the process of being sued?

Yes, they were!
The Wiki page didn't tell of the estimated number of readers though ...

BTW, I saw some headlines that Sidney Powell and even Giuliani aren't really on Fox any longer. Probably less appearances, at least.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 15, 2021, 11:50:01 AM
Yes, they were!
The Wiki page didn't tell of the estimated number of readers though ...
You wonder re a number of these websites/blogs, do they really believe any of what they're spouting, or are they just in it for the money?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

SimonNZ

MusicTurner

Thank you!

Well, a bit less than 7 mio. website visits - so not among the tiniest of sketchy pamphlets ...

BTW Bannon is getting increased attention again, since he's been more in contact with #45 in recent weeks, being out on a bail
https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7vqgb/steve-bannon-urged-facebook-followers-to-take-action-on-eve-of-capitol-riot?utm_source=vicenewsfacebook

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: MusicTurner on January 15, 2021, 11:59:58 AM
Thank you!

Well, a bit less than 7 mio. website visits - so not among the tiniest of sketchy pamphlets ...

BTW Bannon is getting increased attention again, since he's been more in contact with #45 in recent weeks, being out on a bail
https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7vqgb/steve-bannon-urged-facebook-followers-to-take-action-on-eve-of-capitol-riot?utm_source=vicenewsfacebook
God, the last thing that we need!  ::)  >:(
Pohjolas Daughter

SimonNZ

Just heard somebody say that all you need to know about white privilege is that the insurrectionist Q shaman guy refused to eat the prison food he was given, demanded organically grown fare, and they went out and found what would be more pleasing to his worldview and taste.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: SimonNZ on January 15, 2021, 12:16:44 PM
Just heard somebody say that all you need to know about white privilege is that the insurrectionist Q shaman guy refused to eat the prison food he was given, demanded organically grown fare, and they went out and found what would be more pleasing to his worldview and taste.
I have a different take of it from here:

"He hasn't eaten since Friday and he gets very sick if he doesn't eat organic food – literally, will get physically sick," his mother, Martha Chansley, told reporters, according to ABC 15 in Phoenix.

The U.S. Marshals told the station that Chansley will be given "a shaman's strict organic diet" in accordance with the judge's order to work with his attorney. A later statement from the court clarified that the order was pursuant to "any legitimate dietary needs Mr. Chansley may have."

The above was from the Huffington Post.  Perhaps I'm wrong? 

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

SimonNZ

I'm sure the reporting is correct . But what condition - apart from orthorexia - is he claimed to have for this to be a "legitimate dietary needs"

And, more to my point,  would they be making such an allowance for a BLM leader? Even at their mothers pleading? Even with more specific reasons given?

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: SimonNZ on January 15, 2021, 12:45:57 PM
I'm sure the reporting is correct . But what condition - apart from orthorexia - is he claimed to have for this to be a "legitimate dietary needs"

And, more to my point,  would they be making such an allowance for a BLM leader? Even at their mothers pleading? Even with more specific reasons given?
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding things, but to me it sounded like that they were saying if he really needed certain dietary requirements (as in was allergic)?  And did they really shop for organic food for him?  This is what I'm trying to figure out what happened?  And, yes, that certainly wouldn't be fair, if that happened, to others!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Daverz

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/15/pillow-salesman-apparently-has-some-ideas-about-declaring-martial-law/

I do not use a "My Pillow".  I've mostly used memory foam pillows.  My current pillow is a wedge-shaped thing meant to elevate your head.   Do I need to call them and ask their feelings about Mussolini?

JBS

Quote from: SimonNZ on January 15, 2021, 12:45:57 PM

I believe he's claiming religious reasons for his diet. In the meantime he's been denied bail because he's deemed too likely to flee to another country.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

All of this stuff happening right now and Trump still has four days in office left. :-\

Here are a few hypothetical questions for everyone: do you think if these rioters show up fully armed and ready to kill that it will trigger a civil war? What is the likelihood this could happen and what will be the repercussions for such an act?

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 15, 2021, 11:40:21 AM
Apparently demonstrators came within 100 feet of Mike Pence..and his family!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2021/01/15/report-capitol-mob-came-within-100-feet-of-pence/?sh=37b4d07018e6

I heard the news on CNN, but here is a link to an article about it.  Also, I caught some horribly disturbing videos and interviews with police as to what they went through there.  Also heard there:  Trump wants a military-style sendoff!  ::)

PD

Have him walk the plank!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 15, 2021, 11:53:01 AM
You wonder re a number of these websites/blogs, do they really believe any of what they're spouting, or are they just in it for the money?

PD

They've been monetizing disinformation for years.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Herman

What is one supposed to picture with a "military-style sendoff", assuming he's not thinking about back-against-a-wall facing-gunpoints?

It sounds like he's still living the delusion that everybody thinks he's this great guy.

SimonNZ

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 15, 2021, 06:56:00 PM
All of this stuff happening right now and Trump still has four days in office left. :-\

Here are a few hypothetical questions for everyone: do you think if these rioters show up fully armed and ready to kill that it will trigger a civil war? What is the likelihood this could happen and what will be the repercussions for such an act?

From this distance: no and no - now that everyone is prepared.

Hope I'm right.

T. D.

https://news.yahoo.com/huffpost/franklin-graham-republicans-trump-impeachment-002343804.html

Carol Kuruvilla·Religion Reporter, HuffPost
Fri, January 15, 2021, 7:23 PM

Franklin Graham, son of the late American evangelist Billy Graham, has supported Donald Trump through some of the most controversial moments of his presidency.

This week, Graham proved that Trump could incite a mob of hundreds to storm the U.S. Capitol in protest of the results of a presidential election and still not lose Graham's support.

In a Facebook post, Graham compared the 10 Republican House members who voted for Trump's impeachment on Wednesday to Judas Iscariot, the apostle notorious for betraying Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.

"Shame, shame," Graham wrote Thursday. "After all that he has done for our country, you would turn your back and betray him so quickly?"

"It makes you wonder what the thirty pieces of silver were that Speaker Pelosi promised for this betrayal," he added, referring to the Democratic House leader.

Pohjolas Daughter

Just watched a segment on CNN in which one of the anchors talked about his use of gumballs to give viewers a sense of the number of false and misleading statements that Trump has made over the course of his time in the White House (according to reports from the Washington Post).  Hard to fathom....roughly 30,000+!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter