Greetings from Canada

Started by Vienne, November 12, 2020, 10:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vienne

Hello everyone! I am a longtime aficionado of classical music who has listened to a great deal of it in my leisure time. I appreciate composers of many styles and time periods but have a particular fondness for the later Baroque and Classical. I look forward to some enjoyable discussions with you of the music we appreciate.

Mirror Image

Welcome aboard! There's plenty of fans of the Baroque and Classical Eras here. Out of curiosity, what part of Canada are you from?

vandermolen

Welcome from me too. I hope that you enjoy your time here.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

bhodges

Hello, Vienne, and welcome!

--Bruce

Vienne

Thanks to everyone for the welcome  :)

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 12, 2020, 11:41:36 AM
Welcome aboard! There's plenty of fans of the Baroque and Classical Eras here. Out of curiosity, what part of Canada are you from?

I live in Quebec.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Vienne on November 12, 2020, 03:17:44 PMI live in Quebec.

Very nice. Quebec City, Sherbrooke, Montreal, Trois-Rivières, Saguenay?

André

Quote from: Vienne on November 12, 2020, 03:17:44 PM
Thanks to everyone for the welcome  :)

I live in Quebec.

Same here.  ;)

Welcome !

Que

Carlo Gesualdo

Biffo

Scion7

Greetings with sturm und drang.

When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."