Author Topic: What TV series are you currently watching?  (Read 238610 times)

Offline Fëanor

• Veteran member
  • Shostie fan
Re: What TV series are you currently watching?
« Reply #2340 on: June 10, 2021, 02:15:26 AM »
I've enjoyed season 1 of Halt and Catch Fire:  IMDB 8.4*  The context is PC producer, "Cardiff Electric", (fictional), where its principals struggles with personal and corporate problems.  In season 2 the principal characters move on after the sale of Cardiff -- I plan to see if it sustains my interest.

Offline OrchestralNut

• Veteran member
  • Sergey Ivanovich Taneyev (1856-1915)
« Reply #2341 on: June 10, 2021, 04:11:42 AM »
I've enjoyed season 1 of Halt and Catch Fire:  IMDB 8.4*  The context is PC producer, "Cardiff Electric", (fictional), where its principals struggles with personal and corporate problems.  In season 2 the principal characters move on after the sale of Cardiff -- I plan to see if it sustains my interest.

I sort of stopped watching it in the later part, but not because of lack of interest. Although I think the first season was the best of what I have watched.

Offline Klavier

« Reply #2342 on: June 10, 2021, 05:17:56 PM »
Compulsive but far from comfortable viewing Jimmy McGovern's new drama Time is set in a HM prison. Sean Bean plays a teacher serving four years. I am not squeamish but more then once had to look away. This is not an easy watch, not one bit. As I remarked to the missus, placed in that environment I would end it all. Suicide is a fairly common occurrence in prisons, I can now see why!
Sounds like something I'd like. I hope it eventually gets released on a streaming platform in the US.

Currently I'm watching Blackspace and Startup on Netflix, and Mosquito Coast on AppleTV+.

While I'm at it, Line of Duty is one of my all-time favorite shows, too.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 05:20:10 PM by Klavier »

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #2343 on: June 11, 2021, 07:37:14 AM »

I just obtained a copy of Triumph Of The Nerds.

It must have been nearly 20 years ago that I watched this.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0 Waterfox/56.2.13

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0

Offline SimonNZ

• Veteran member
« Reply #2344 on: June 12, 2021, 04:01:31 PM »

Very well made series of four two-hour episodes interweaving between two timelines of modern Israel and Palestine and the birth of Israel in 1945-8

I see among writer/director Peter Kosminsky's other credits is a series on  young British women being lured to Syria to become ISIS brides. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available locally:

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 05:28:14 PM by SimonNZ »

Offline steve ridgway

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    The museum of musical modernism
« Reply #2345 on: June 13, 2021, 04:26:56 AM »
We’ve just finished watching The Stranger on Netflix. A good fast moving mystery drama with distinctive characters  although we got a bit distracted identifying the locations around the Greater Manchester area. The one remaining mystery is how one character managed to chase someone on foot from Stockport Market Hall to the sidings of the East Lancashire Railway in Bury - it must be at least 20 miles. :-\

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #2346 on: June 13, 2021, 05:29:29 AM »
Murdoch Mysteries - after many months, we just finished the 14th season of the Murdoch Mysteries, the last episode leaving much 'up in the air'!  The series has been renewed for Season 15 w/ 24-episodes planned (I guess to make up for COVID) and will first air on Sept 13 this year - now we watched this series on our subscription Acorn TV - not sure if this will continue for a 'new' season?  Dave :)

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #2347 on: June 13, 2021, 08:08:34 AM »
You’re ahead of me, Dave  ;D. I’m still waiting to see season 14 if and when it appears on Netflix.

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #2348 on: June 13, 2021, 08:38:27 AM »
You’re ahead of me, Dave  ;D. I’m still waiting to see season 14 if and when it appears on Netflix.

Hi André - we watched the show on Acorn TV; the pic I left in my last post stated that the 15th season will premiere on CBC, so hope that Acorn TV will stream the new series?  Dave :)