Karl Henning

I've seen the headline, but cannot vouch for its accuracy:
"Truth Social is Displaying Erectile Dysfunction Ads Next to Trump Posts."
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

steve ridgway

AnotherSpin

Quote from: steve ridgway on April 04, 2024, 08:49:20 PMThe AI must have learnt that one should break the law when the law is wrong ;) .

It is only natural.

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Forbes: Baby boomers are keeping jobs well into their sixties and seventies because they 'like going to work'.

Many upper and middle class retirees feel loneliness and emptiness, and they go back to work. Would they do that if they liked art, exercise, science, academics, etc?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/retirement-no-retirement-baby-boomers-160306854.html

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

steve ridgway

Quote from: Todd on April 06, 2024, 07:01:28 AMApril 2, 2024: Are potatoes vegetables? WA Sen. Cantwell and Gov. Inslee think so

April 5, 2024: Is the potato a vegetable? USDA says yes, and it will stay that way

Politics in action. 

I don't think we'll ever know for certain. I looked to see what it says in the Bible but all I could find was that big potatoes were better than small ones.

Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. (2 Corinthians 4:16-17)

So presumably they ought to be baked.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Spotted Horses on March 25, 2024, 12:39:05 PMMaybe they'll rig it to blow off as he steps through it.
I'm sure that there's a nuts-and-bolts kind of answer.
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

drogulus

We don't need no stinkin' rate cuts.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

steve ridgway

Classical music to continue at rail stations

Rail firm Northern has said it will continue to play classical music at 35 stations to combat bad behaviour.
Works "inspired by Handel, Beethoven and Mozart" are piped out over public address systems at certain times.
The music was rolled out to more than 20 additional places last April following a pilot scheme at nine sites.
Northern said it had led to a "reduction" in reports of large groups loitering at its stations in the North West and North East of England.

BBC News