Baseball

Started by Iago, May 26, 2007, 10:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Sorry to hear about Ohtani and his translator.  A bit confused as at first I thought that the translator was allegedly stealing from the team (to pay off his gambling debts?), but then I found an article online that he was accused of stealing from Otani?

Anyone know the latest and hopefully also the truth?

Pohjolas Daughter

springrite

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 08, 2024, 01:27:45 PMSorry to hear about Ohtani and his translator.  A bit confused as at first I thought that the translator was allegedly stealing from the team (to pay off his gambling debts?), but then I found an article online that he was accused of stealing from Otani?

I am sure that the investigation by MLB must be to make sure that Ohtani himself was not involved in gambling (especially on baseball). I am pretty sure he would be cleared.
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

ando

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on April 08, 2024, 01:27:45 PMSorry to hear about Ohtani and his translator.  A bit confused as at first I thought that the translator was allegedly stealing from the team (to pay off his gambling debts?), but then I found an article online that he was accused of stealing from Otani?

Latest from The Times. Not that I'm giving the guy a pass but the life of a baseball interpreter can't be a terribly intriguing one. Seems like a great gig for a student but tough for a grown person unless one had a fulfilling alternate career.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: ando on April 11, 2024, 06:11:02 AMLatest from The Times. Not that I'm giving the guy a pass but the life of a baseball interpreter can't be a terribly intriguing one. Seems like a great gig for a student but tough for a grown person unless one had a fulfilling alternate career.
Thanks.  I did find a CBS article today.
Pohjolas Daughter