Personality Types

Started by greg, July 22, 2008, 07:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 dB

Quote from: Florestan on February 28, 2024, 10:24:59 AMYour score was 17 out of a possible 50.

Scores in the 0-25 range indicate few or no Autistic traits.

Interesting!
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

DavidW

Quote from: Florestan on February 28, 2024, 10:24:59 AMYour score was 17 out of a possible 50.

Scores in the 0-25 range indicate few or no Autistic traits.

I scored exactly the same!

Cato

Quote from: 71 dB on February 28, 2024, 08:00:31 AMFor example the question

9. I am fascinated by dates.

Quote from: Florestan on February 28, 2024, 10:28:23 AMI think this is something for @Cato 's Grammar Grumble Thread. Shouldn't it be data rather than dates;D 

Yes, "data" for bits of information.  "Dates" is the plural for calendar days and for the fruit!   8) 
"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

71 dB

Quote from: DavidW on February 28, 2024, 04:52:28 PMI scored exactly the same!

Most people are neurotypical (hence the name!) meaning they'll score 25 or less in this kind of tests. The rules and conventions of social interaction are for the most part set up by neurotypical people for whom these rules are not a huge burden, but for us autistic people these rules can be brutal. My brain cannot process a complex social situation almost at all. Making eye contact is unpleasant (almost hurts). On the other hand neurotypicals have a feel of uncanny valley when dealing with an autistic person, because this person seems "almost human", kind of very human robot.

What makes things worse is how little people understand autism. Even I as an autistic person understand these things only now at age 53! I always thought autistic people are IQ-50 savants with a specific supertalent, but unable to communicate verbally or functioning in society. That's how autistic people are always portrayed in movies etc. However, autism is a spectrum. My autism is somewhat mild and not always apparent. I can interact socially with ONE person almost as well as neurotypicals, but when it is about more people, my brain tilts because it can't perform the multitasking required. Autistic people concentrate (deeply) on one thing at the time.

That's why I am so frustrated and depressed. The game is rigged against me. You neurotypicals can't understand me so you won't. Sure, I can't understand neurotypicals any better, but at least the game is rigged for neurotypicals so they don't suffer from it.   

Florestan

Quote from: 71 dB on February 29, 2024, 03:16:37 AMThat's why I am so frustrated and depressed. The game is rigged against me. You neurotypicals can't understand me so you won't. Sure, I can't understand neurotypicals any better, but at least the game is rigged for neurotypicals so they don't suffer from it.   

If I had taken the test in my late teens / early 20s I'd have scored much higher because back then I was much more shy, introverted and socially awkward, preferring the company of books to that of people. I have changed a lot since then and nowadays I am adjusted just fine to my environment and to the world at large. The only regret I have is that I didn't acquire a brawler spirit, because there are moments when I really feel like punching and kicking the jerks that come my way.  :D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

DavidW

Quote from: Florestan on February 29, 2024, 04:33:48 AMIf I had taken the test in my late teens / early 20s I'd have scored much higher because back then I was much more shy, introverted and socially awkward, preferring the company of books to that of people.

That is because that online test is for fun, it is garbage.  Not an official diagnostic that has to be completed be a professional.  Just being an introvert doesn't put one on the spectrum. 

DavidW

Quote from: 71 dB on February 29, 2024, 03:16:37 AMYou neurotypicals can't understand me so you won't.   

I think you seriously lack faith in humanity.  Do your friends and family honestly have no empathy for you?  And on what basis do you classify yourself anyway?  An online test?  I'm sorry but it sounds like you're looking for excuses to feel sorry for yourself.  If you truly are neuro-divergent, counseling can help you relate to others and help build social skills.  I've known plenty of people that ACTUALLY ARE, as in diagnosed, and with care of wellness counselors and psychiatrists live a fulfilling life.

Florestan

Quote from: DavidW on February 29, 2024, 08:32:40 AMThat is because that online test is for fun, it is garbage.  Not an official diagnostic that has to be completed be a professional.  Just being an introvert doesn't put one on the spectrum. 

Of course I took the test for fun only, I'm well aware such online tests are anything but scientifically accurate and have only an entertainment value.

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

71 dB

Quote from: DavidW on February 29, 2024, 08:40:42 AMI think you seriously lack faith in humanity.
Can you look at what happens in the World and have faith in humanity? Good for you!

Quote from: DavidW on February 29, 2024, 08:40:42 AMDo your friends and family honestly have no empathy for you?

They do, but autistic people don't have many friends to begin with.

Quote from: DavidW on February 29, 2024, 08:40:42 AMAnd on what basis do you classify yourself anyway?  An online test?

I have known for a few years now to have autistic traits. The test was to have some sort of picture about how strong these traits are. According to the test I am 40/50. That's close to how I feel myself about my autistic traits. No big surprises here.

Quote from: DavidW on February 29, 2024, 08:40:42 AMI'm sorry but it sounds like you're looking for excuses to feel sorry for yourself.  If you truly are neuro-divergent, counseling can help you relate to others and help build social skills. I've known plenty of people that ACTUALLY ARE, as in diagnosed, and with care of wellness counselors and psychiatrists live a fulfilling life.

I think Finland is a developing country when it comes to these things. One time I sent an email to an autism society and never got an email back. Also, why do I need to build social skills, when what I need is a society that recognises some people don't have those skills. Just as not all people are good at math.

71 dB

I took this free online autism spectrum test: https://www.idrlabs.com/autism-spectrum/test.php

According to this test, my autism spectrum symptoms are moderate. Nothing surprising about that. That's what I have figured. My autism spectrum looks like this according to this test:

autism-spectrum.png