Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonNZ

Quote from: Ghost of Baron Scarpia on December 06, 2018, 03:11:07 PM
Now you're pedaling propaganda from the Russian Intelligence Service?

I know the photographer is Russian. Does he work for the state in some way?

I like the photo for the juxtaposition, of course, but also for a variety of other aesthetic reasons.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Quote from: SimonNZ on December 06, 2018, 03:22:40 PM
I know the photographer is Russian. Does he work for the state in some way?

I like the photo for the juxtaposition, of course, but also for a variety of other aesthetic reasons.

The photo is what it is. It was published by Russia Today, a division of the Russian state television network. The accompanying text is all about how the fact that a girl takes a selfie in a Burger King reveals that Western Democracy is corrupt and a sham. Same tactics they used to undermine Clinton and support Donald Trump.

SimonNZ

Ah, now I see. I saw the picture elsewhere found it on Google images and linked to it without realising what the source was or examining the text beyond the headline.

Mea culpa, then. In this instance the text wasn't why I linked.

Ghost of Baron Scarpia

Amusing photo, nevertheless. Not clear she's posing for a selfie, maybe Facetime.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Ken B

George

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Sergeant Rock

the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

SimonNZ

Mirror Image

Quote from: North Star on November 09, 2018, 10:55:59 AM
Mahler really made a splash in this concert.

How do you not know it's Berg? ;)

George

George

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on January 21, 2008, 02:10:30 PM
As long as they aren't eating your garden (and grapes and fruit trees and... :(:)

8)

----------------
Now playing:
Les Concert de Nations / Jordi Savall - Bia 406 Op 55 Symphony #3 in Eb 2nd mvmt - Marche funebre: Adagio assai
Hi Gurn,

I just started checking out this thread (trying to do it from the beginning, but don't know whether or not I have the time--and energy--to check out all of the postings) and wanted to say that it's lovely to see that there's a project (from what I understand?) to reforest some areas of Texas (what was it like before??).  Lovely to see all of the wildlife, but must admit that I have mixed feelings about deer as I know several people personally who have suffered from Lyme disease.  Do you have many ticks in your area and is there much of a problem with that?

Sounds also that you enjoy gardening (guessing here by your response); deer and other animals can do a lot of damage to ones gardens--including veggie gardens--if not fenced in well (though other critters can burrow under fences).  A challenge for everyone who loves to garden including yours truly.

Hope that all is progressing well,

Best wishes,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

George

André

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

SimonNZ