Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Attached  :D
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

SimonNZ

eyeroll...

I have no idea what real-world examples you might think fit that model, let alone justify presenting it as a common truth.

Mirror Image

Quote from: SimonNZ on January 21, 2020, 08:10:26 PM
eyeroll...

I have no idea what real-world examples you might think fit that model, let alone justify presenting it as a common truth.

There was a time when Greg actually listened to classical music and posted about it. Of course, this was a long, long time ago. :)

steve ridgway

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 21, 2020, 08:13:39 PM
There was a time when Greg actually listened to classical music and posted about it. Of course, this was a long, long time ago. :)

He's trying to make the classical music forum more diverse.  ;D

Mirror Image

steve ridgway

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 21, 2020, 08:29:41 PM
Indeed. :D

https://www.youtube.com/v/ePbipufCPYw

That was funny but the opposite of my office experience where I'm now so aware that somebody's going to be offended by almost anything I say that I hardly talk to anyone. I ought to go and sit with a new team member now and again but he tends to talk about Middle Eastern politics and I just don't know what to say, particularly with that being an open plan section with other people in earshot. So I either work from home or remain in a secure room by myself listening to my music player. :(

Mirror Image

Quote from: 2dogs on January 21, 2020, 08:46:09 PM
That was funny but the opposite of my office experience where I'm now so aware that somebody's going to be offended by almost anything I say that I hardly talk to anyone. I ought to go and sit with a new team member now and again but he tends to talk about Middle Eastern politics and I just don't know what to say, particularly with that being an open plan section with other people in earshot. So I either work from home or remain in a secure room by myself listening to my music player. :(

Political correctness has become the norm and everyone and their mother is offended by anything and everything these days. Like you, I try not to talk to many people for the reason that I may alienate myself even further.

greg

Quote from: SimonNZ on January 21, 2020, 08:10:26 PM
eyeroll...

This isn't the thread to write about examples, just a thread to post pictures.  ;)

I just find it amusing about the eyeroll reaction. Normally, if I thought something doesn't make sense, I won't eyeroll but make a confused face, or just point out how the logic doesn't add up.

(btw, I actually like living and working in more diverse areas, so don't get any dumb ideas lol  :P)

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 21, 2020, 08:29:41 PM
Indeed. :D
Lol ;D

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 21, 2020, 08:56:15 PM
Political correctness has become the norm and everyone and their mother is offended by anything and everything these days. Like you, I try not to talk to many people for the reason that I may alienate myself even further.
You gotta have really close friends to talk about stuff like that.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

steve ridgway

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 21, 2020, 08:56:15 PM

Yeah, I don't fit in there any more, I'm going to give up and retire early within the next six months.

Ratliff

Quote from: greg on January 21, 2020, 07:28:33 PM
Attached  :D

This is not a "picture," and would be more appropriate in one of the toxic political threads, rather than here.

steve ridgway

Oh all right. A nice peaceful photo of the Martian landscape then.

Mirror Image

A little collage I did of some of my favorite Austrians:

JBS

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 22, 2020, 05:18:39 PM
A little collage I did of some of my favorite Austrians:

Who is the one on the far right? I don't recognize him.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Quote from: JBS on January 22, 2020, 07:04:50 PM
Who is the one on the far right? I don't recognize him.

That would be Anton Webern.

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

geralmar

Winner, Wildlife Photographer of the Year, London Natural History Museum

Mice fighting on subway platform

Mirror Image

Berg and Webern:

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on February 12, 2020, 11:21:03 PM
Great photo!

It is, indeed, and I'm lucky to find one in this kind of quality, because most of the photos I found of this particular shot was grainy, too dark or too great of contrast, etc. This one had a nice clarity to it --- I believe I stumbled upon it when visiting the Schoenberg website (which is a fantastic site): https://www.schoenberg.at/index.php/en/.