Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

It's been a major radio telescope for a long time and I'm all in favour of astronomy as a pure science, discovering things about the universe without looking to make big money by marketing product.

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Carlo Gesualdo

This is how I look nowadays and the pant I am wearing has suspender heavy duty that nice, I both them used there were good ass new. and I wear my jewellery for special occasion, I have odd talismans I don't no whit I spurt this and I shave my mustache keep my bear clean this is the way this year no more darn sport suit, did they pay as to wear there clothing f*ck it loll so you guy probably believe me when I change  style I am a class act  not a skinhead a rapper or whatever, just an adult an a class act can I defied such thing actually I can' and wont use your judgment gentleman and noble woman..

;D

greg

Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Mirror Image

The current forecast: cloudy with a chance of Crumb...

Mirror Image

If anyone wants a Santa Bruckner photo, here's one I just finished:

greg

:D

What makes it funnier is that it reminds me of my card for getting a free haircut after going to the same place each time.  :D
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Mirror Image

"Anton Bruckner arrives in Heaven" - Silhouette drawing by Otto Böhler

SimonNZ

Looking into the cover photo for Ornette Coleman's Virgin Beauty I learn it of the Wasaabe tribe taken by Carol Beckwith and Angela Fisher for one of their many books on African ceremonies.

Google searching photos by them I thought the one above particularly striking.

pjme

Indeed, a striking photograph.

I love the crazy creativity of "Les sapeurs/sapeuses" in Kinshasa or Brazzaville.

https://www.photoawards.com/winner/zoom.php?eid=8-156189-18

André

Strikingly original pictures indeed, Peter !

pjme

Eveline Syme (1888 - 1961)
Australia

MusicTurner

Quote from: pjme on December 19, 2020, 12:21:37 AM
Indeed, a striking photograph.

I love the crazy creativity of "Les sapeurs/sapeuses" in Kinshasa or Brazzaville.

https://www.photoawards.com/winner/zoom.php?eid=8-156189-18

Thank you for posting this!

DaveF

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 18, 2020, 07:03:36 PM

Are all those welcoming him identifiable?  Liszt and Wagner up front, of course, Schubert and Schumann next, Mozart looking the wrong way, Bach at the organ.  Not sure about the others.  No sign of Brahms, of course - oh, no, I'm forgetting, he went to the other place...
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

MusicTurner

... probably Beethoven to the right of Mozart, and maybe Weber between Mozart and Schumann (I haven't done any verification, though).

Gluck and Haydn maybe there too, possibly Händel (then the row is completed).

EDIT: Yes, that's it:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Bruckners_Ankunft_im_Himmel_Otto_B%C3%B6hler.jpg

ritter

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 18, 2020, 07:03:36 PM

Quote from: MusicTurner on December 23, 2020, 03:39:41 AM
... probably Beethoven to the right of Mozart, and maybe Weber between Mozart and Schumann (I haven't done any verification, though).

Gluck and Haydn maybe there too, possibly Händel (then the row is completed).

EDIT: Yes, that's it:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Bruckners_Ankunft_im_Himmel_Otto_B%C3%B6hler.jpg
Very nice!

Quote from: DaveF on December 23, 2020, 02:55:45 AM
No sign of Brahms, of course - oh, no, I'm forgetting, he went to the other place...
I wouldn't know where Brahms ended up, but unless Bruckner took several months to make it to heaven, when he arrived there Brahms would still have been firmly on earth.  ;)

DaveF

Quote from: ritter on December 23, 2020, 03:52:01 AM
Very nice!
I wouldn't know where Brahms ended up, but unless Bruckner took several months to make it to heaven, when he arrived there Brahms would still have been firmly on earth.  ;)

It's years, if not centuries, in Purgatory, isn't it?  (In fact, the whole scene has probably yet to happen.)  Then there's probably a queue a bit like we've got at Dover at the moment...
"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Mirror Image

Quote from: George on December 23, 2020, 05:49:17 PM

So true! I've had so many delays that I forgot what I've even bought. :)

Mirror Image

Strauss' signature: