Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: DavidW on February 09, 2021, 01:50:51 PM
That is pretty brilliant for visually depicting his minimalism in your sendup meme!

Thanks but it's far from brilliant. Anyone could've created this. In fact, I'm sure it's been done many times before.

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on February 09, 2021, 02:28:02 PM
I like Glass - not everything, and not in large doses either, but there are a good many works of his I like.

Maybe it's minimalism that you don't like, John ? I didn't for many years.

I like Minimalism but not of the American variety. I do like Pärt and Górecki quite a bit for example.

André

Good point. I like Pärt and Gorecki too. They are indeed totally different from Glass.

Mirror Image

Quote from: André on February 09, 2021, 03:50:19 PM
Good point. I like Pärt and Gorecki too. They are indeed totally different from Glass.

Indeed. I might throw in Silvestrov with this particular group.

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Florestan

There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

DavidW

You don't recognize Dostoevsky?

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: DavidW on February 13, 2021, 11:27:59 AM
You don't recognize Dostoevsky?
Puzzled here:  obviously I didn't which is why I asked.
Pohjolas Daughter

DavidW

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 13, 2021, 11:30:03 AM
Puzzled here:  obviously I didn't which is why I asked.

No offense intended.

Symphonic Addict

Sort of.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

André

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

North Star

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

T. D.

The personal library of retired Johns Hopkins University Humanities professor Richard A. Macksey, housed in his home.

ritter

Quote from: T. D. on February 18, 2021, 02:51:32 PM
The personal library of retired John Hopkins University Humanities professor Richard A. Macksey, housed in his home.

Wonderful!  :)

Pohjolas Daughter

The personal library of retired John Hopkins University Humanities professor Richard A. Macksey, housed in his home.

Wow! :o 8)  Where did you run across this picture TD?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

T. D.

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 19, 2021, 03:10:30 AM
Wow! :o 8)  Where did you run across this picture TD?

PD

It was in a "retweeted" item on Laurence Tribe's Twitter page. I don't have a Twitter account and never will, but some people actually tweet useful information on occasion.  ;)
Original post https://twitter.com/DrLindseyFitz/status/692263465910718465

BTW, following the above link I was made aware of the gaffe "John Hopkins" which occurred in the original. Slipped by when I first read it.  ;D

greg

The personal library of retired Johns Hopkins University Humanities professor Richard A. Macksey, housed in his home.
Hopefully he owns every single one of those books.
I certainly wouldn't want to have an overdue library book and wonder where I put it  ???
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie