Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

greg

Dying of laughter lol  ;D :P

Mirror Image

You have a bizarre sense of humor, Greg.

greg

Man, you haven't seen anything yet if you never read any of my "A Chronicles" stories before (collection of short stories written ~10-20 years ago).
The sense of humor is so unspeakably stupid that it makes Dumb and Dumber seem sophisticated. But it's also surreal/abstract at the same time. Most people wouldn't get it (which is fine, it's not like it's intended to be high art lol).

At least these memes I share are able to be understood by humans.  :P

Mirror Image

This is a gem of a photo of Korngold:

DavidW

Some birds can see in the UV.

LKB

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Florestan

Quote from: DavidW on July 03, 2022, 09:03:31 AM

Some birds can see in the UV.

Quote from: LKB on July 03, 2022, 12:27:32 PM
Yup, bees also.

Very impressive, indeed.

Can they play the violin as well?  ;D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

LKB

If it's a giant bee or a tiny violin, maybe...

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

LKB

SonicMan46

North Carolina Mountain Trip - in our home town of Winston Salem the temps have been in the 90º F with high humidity, so we planned a mountain home rental in Seven Devils near Banner Elk (see map and web pic of house rented) - we're up 4782 ft (iPhone app) - last two pics my own from the upper deck - click on the last panoramic view (Sugar Mountain is in the distance).  Dave :)

DavidW

Dave, I just checked it out and it is 10 degrees cooler than where I live and only a four hour drive away.  I'll have to keep that area in mind for the future.

SonicMan46

Quote from: DavidW on July 12, 2022, 05:46:18 AM
Dave, I just checked it out and it is 10 degrees cooler than where I live and only a four hour drive away.  I'll have to keep that area in mind for the future.

Hi David - just north is Boone, NC - this was about a 2 hr drive - pre-COVID we stayed at another rental in Seven Devils which was even higher (nearing the height of the 'Mile High Bridge' on Grandfather Mountain (the latter seen from the former deck (pics below) - on that trip, I had posted in the iPad Forums (put a lot of travelogues there) the quote below, a 20ºF drop in temperature!  Plenty of places to recommend in the NC mountains from this area around Banner Elk and also Blowing Rock (about 90 mins from our home), and a more frequent visit for us.  Dave :)

QuoteNOW, the good part - we left Winston-Salem in 93ºF heat, upon arrival at our mountain getaway, the temperature was 72ºF - boy, what a relief!

LKB

Very scenic, enjoy!  8)

André

Mirror Image

Yes, North Carolina has a beautiful landscape. It reminds me of NE GA a lot or as I'd like to call it mountain country.

SonicMan46

Quote from: LKB on July 12, 2022, 10:35:24 AM
Very scenic, enjoy!  8)
Quote from: André on July 13, 2022, 04:45:28 AM
+ 1  :)
Quote from: Mirror Image on July 13, 2022, 08:19:16 AM
Yes, North Carolina has a beautiful landscape. It reminds me of NE GA a lot or as I'd like to call it mountain country.

Thanks All for the comments - deck views from the rental house are spectacular.  At John - we've made many trips to coastal Georgia but about a half dozen years ago stay at the Brasstown Resort in the northern Georgia mountains - visited a number of waterfalls (the Anna Ruby Falls shown below - all pics from my iPad Forums travelogue); went to Brasstown Bald (pic of the parking lot w/ our car, took the bus to the top); and went to Helen, GA with the German atmosphere and had a nice German-style lunch.  Dave :)

staxomega

Beautiful pictures Dave. This is one thing I love about our state, it's serene, picturesque, quiet. These are photos from my mountain bike ride from last week:

Mirror Image

Quote from: SonicMan46 on July 13, 2022, 09:46:49 AM
Thanks All for the comments - deck views from the rental house are spectacular.  At John - we've made many trips to coastal Georgia but about a half dozen years ago stay at the Brasstown Resort in the northern Georgia mountains - visited a number of waterfalls (the Anna Ruby Falls shown below - all pics from my iPad Forums travelogue); went to Brasstown Bald (pic of the parking lot w/ our car, took the bus to the top); and went to Helen, GA with the German atmosphere and had a nice German-style lunch.  Dave :)

I've been to both places several times, Dave. 8) I've only been to coastal Georgia one time --- Savannah to be exact (travelled to Tybee Island, too). You know sometimes you don't realize how beautiful your state is until someone else takes photos of it. :)