Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keemun

Dore - Purgatory, Dante Among the Slothful

Van Gogh - The Garden of Saint Paul's Hospital ("The Fall of the Leaves")

Van Gogh - The Garden of Saint Paul's Hospital

Friedrich - Cloister Graveyard in the Snow
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

pjme

Les bains!  ;)

karlhenning

It's the apparent caption, actually:

greg

Quote from: karlhenning on December 04, 2008, 12:05:36 PM
It's the apparent caption, actually:
I don't think they're going to sell it very well that way.....

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Brian

:D

Kullervo

Renfield

Quote from: Corey on December 14, 2008, 02:01:38 PM
wat

50%!? That's amazing. I never need worry about the cost of buying diaper cakes again.

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

knight66

Well, I quite understand, what's not to like there!  >:D

Stourhead Dorset Dec 08

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

knight66

Gold Hill Shaftsbury Dec 08

One of our many kiddy-cash machines

Mike

J.Z. Herrenberg

Nice pictures, Mike!

[Why are those cash machines set so low? Are there many midgets down there?  ;) ]
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

springrite

Quote from: Jezetha on December 15, 2008, 12:31:06 AM
Nice pictures, Mike!

[Why are those cash machines set so low? Are there many midgets down there?  ;) ]

Maybe it is a multi-function cash machine that you can also kneel and pray, as well as do confessions.

knight66

Quote from: Jezetha on December 15, 2008, 12:31:06 AM
Nice pictures, Mike!

It was a mystery to me. I think they are challenged in several ways there, but height is not one.

Mike

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: springrite on December 15, 2008, 12:36:46 AM
Maybe it is a multi-function cash machine that you can also kneel and pray, as well as do confessions.

Quote from: knight on December 15, 2008, 12:58:36 AM
It was a mystery to me. I think they are challenged in several ways there, but height is not one.

;D
Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything. -- Plato

springrite

Quote from: knight on December 14, 2008, 11:46:32 PM

If I am not mistaken, that does appear to be a wheelchair access ATM. Doesn't it look like the lady is in a wheelchair?

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: springrite on December 15, 2008, 02:43:56 AM
If I am not mistaken, that does appear to be a wheelchair access ATM. Doesn't it look like the lady is in a wheelchair?

That lady is Mike's wife, if I'm not mistaken, and she is certainly not disabled!  ;D

O, Paul, my dear friend Lena is in Beijing...

springrite

Quote from: Jezetha on December 15, 2008, 02:54:36 AM
That lady is Mike's wife, if I'm not mistaken, and she is certainly not disabled!  ;D

O, Paul, my dear friend Lena is in Beijing...

That appears to be my alma mater Beijing University!

J.Z. Herrenberg

Quote from: springrite on December 15, 2008, 03:52:46 AM
That appears to be my alma mater Beijing University!

She is staying there (rented a room on the campus), doing research for her dissertation. Next month she'll be going to Shanghai. (And now she's down with flu, she just wrote to me...)

Opus106

No photoshoppery here. That's Ganymede, one of Jupiter's natural satellites, and the largest of its kind in the solar system (well, if you don't count Titan's atmosphere), about to eclipsed by its parent planet.

This was taken by the Hubble back in April '07. Best viewed as large. Other sizes available here.
Regards,
Navneeth