Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knight66

Indeed; that lady is my wife and is not disabled. It is the only cash machine that Building Society has. I think it unlikely it was placed with thought of helping chair-bound people, it could not have been sited higher up.

Mike

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Solitary Wanderer

'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

vandermolen

Quote from: knight on December 14, 2008, 11:46:32 PM
Gold Hill Shaftsbury Dec 08

One of our many kiddy-cash machines

Mike

I know Gold Hill (of Hovis advert fame) well as good friends of mine live in Shaftesbury. Also Stourhead is somewhere I have been to many times. A very beautiful spot.  Mike, do you live iin the vicinity?
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Dundonnell

knight66

"I know Gold Hill (of Hovis advert fame) well as good friends of mine live in Shaftesbury. Also Stourhead is somewhere I have been to many times. A very beautiful spot.  Mike, do you live iin the vicinity?"

Not  very close, about 60 miles away in Gloucestershire. We went there for a couple of days and heard my boss play the solo in Beethoven's 3rd piano concerto, she was excellent. We were lucky with the weather, cold but sunny.

A couple more of Stourhead.

Mike

pjme

Two photo's I recently discovered :

pjme

Nr 2

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Kullervo

Note the scare-quotes. They aren't really sexy.

Lethevich

Quote from: Corey on December 22, 2008, 06:05:48 AM

Note the scare-quotes. They aren't really sexy.

What the heck? :D
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

knight66

Renfield

Note that they also sell carefree ones. I'd like a carefree christmas tree! :D

SonicMan46

Just returned from a long weekend to Atlanta, GA - mainly went to see the King Tut & Louvre Museum Exhibits, but at the High Museum there, a small exhibit on the Chinese Terracotta Army was also being presented which impressed us tremendously; only about a dozen actual figures were there, and the pic below just shows a sampling of the 'thousands' of buried warriors, horses, etc. - the short Wiki Article provides a few details on the numbers discovered (and yet to be) so far and additional images to show the enormous size of this project!  :)

Opus106

*Could not find a picture online* :( I purchased an autobiography of Zubin Mehta yesterday. Among the many pictures printed, one from his personal collection was pretty nice. A photo taken during a trip to an Antarctic island, Mehta is wearing his formal concert attire and a big smile on his face, and hands raised, with baton on the right. Around him and as far as the eye can see Emperor Penguins dot the landscape.

The caption reads: Finally a big enough orchestra to play Mahler's 8th Symphony; about two hundred thousand emperor penguins on an island, South Georgia, during an Antarctic cruise; a photograph by my wife Nancy.

Regards,
Navneeth

greg

Quote from: Corey on December 26, 2008, 04:37:24 AM

I bet you 50 bucks that gas station was run by a redneck or an Indian.

Lilas Pastia

Quote from: Solitary Wanderer on December 14, 2008, 05:01:00 PM

He looks for all the world like he won at the Shire's county fair shooting gallery and has no idea what to do of his prize...

ezodisy

Quote from: Brünnhilde forever on December 27, 2008, 05:17:14 PM
Now that's Italian advertisement! - LavAzza is the brand name of the coffee.

haha great ad :)

Kullervo

Renfield

Quote from: Corey on December 29, 2008, 09:02:39 AM

wat

This could only possibly be better if that man was supposed to be Elvis.