Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Quote from: Corey on December 29, 2008, 09:02:39 AM

wat
He's not so tough- he needed knives. They needed some African warrior that could crush their heads with his fist.

knight66

A special kind of nostagia.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

SonicMan46

Quote from: knight on December 30, 2008, 12:14:07 PM

A special kind of nostagia.

Hi Mike - just curious why you chose a picture of Elizabeth Cotton?  She was a wonderful folk guitarist & singer from North Carolina (born in Chapel Hill in 1895 - home of UNC!) - for those wanting to hear this person, check out the disc below - Dave  :D

Dancing Divertimentian

Veit Bach-a baker who found his greatest pleasure in a little cittern which he took with him even into the mill and played while the grinding was going on. In this way he had a chance to have the rhythm drilled into him. And this was the beginning of a musical inclination in his descendants. JS Bach

knight66

It is such a great picture. A woman, black who contributed to music with her 'Cotton picking' guitar figurations. But really, it is the photo rather than the story behind it.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Kullervo

Chaiten volcano erupts in Chile — positively Mordor-esque.

Renfield

greg

I had the first on my desktop for awhile. Incredible at first, but it got old so quickly, somehow.

greg

I like this pic. There's even a newspaper version of it.
My dad in computer literacy classes.  :)
He's the happy guy third from the right, uncle is the second dude on the right, both bottom row.

http://www.somerset-kentucky.com/archivesearch/images_sizedimage_361023029/resources_photoview

Keemun

Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

greg

Quote from: Keemun on January 04, 2009, 06:51:56 PM
Nice. ;D
actually, the happy guy that's 4th from the right.

(on the top row)

Keemun

Quote from: G$ on January 04, 2009, 06:57:42 PM
actually, the happy guy that's 4th from the right.

(on the top row)

Do you mean 5th from the right?  I could be wrong, but 4th from the right (top row) doesn't look like a guy....   :-\
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

greg

Quote from: Keemun on January 04, 2009, 07:11:33 PM
Do you mean 5th from the right?  I could be wrong, but 4th from the right (top row) doesn't look like a guy....   :-\
yeah, that was the joke.  ;D

ezodisy

was googling for an image and came across this, which I like, for obvious enough reasons, I suppose

Drasko

Quote from: ezodisy on January 06, 2009, 09:41:14 AM
was googling for an image and came across this, which I like, for obvious enough reasons, I suppose

It's the hat, isn't it? One can tell from your avatar.

bhodges

The city of San Francisco, made out of Jell-O by Liz Hickok.  Her website is here

--Bruce

ezodisy

Quote from: Drasko on January 06, 2009, 09:44:01 AM
It's the hat, isn't it? One can tell from your avatar.

haha you know I just noticed that someone uploaded the entire film to Youtube, albeit without English subs. I should download it again now that I have the time adjuster programme which you recommended. It works well. Anyway yeah it's the hat, as looking at anything else in the picture would be rather depressing