Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SonicMan46

Our Menorah on 'our' last night w/ all candles burning - a yearly event for us this time of the year; now, I know that Hanukkah has ended but we're never home 8 nights in a row for dinner, so just extend the experience - Susan orders 'hand-made' candles which burn evenly and w/ no drippings - the Menorah is beautifully made (she now has about a half dozen  - kind of a mini-collection, but this is the one that we've used for a while) -  :)

Keemun

Quote from: bhodges on January 06, 2009, 09:52:33 AM

I really like that, and I've never even considered myself a fan of Jell-O art.  8)

Quote from: SonicMan on January 08, 2009, 07:21:06 PM

That's a beautiful menorah.  :)
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Opus106

I don't necessarily "like" this picture. It's the timing that amazes me.

More images from the recent events at Gaza are available here.

Regards,
Navneeth

Lethevich

Quote from: opus67 on January 09, 2009, 09:21:12 AM
It's the timing that amazes me.

Nowadays photojournalists seem to get it rather easy in regard to this - 5 fps burst modes at high quality, possible to continue for several dozen seconds...
Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

Wanderer

From today's trip to Nafplion.

Renfield

I've never been to Nafplion; but I never knew it was that beautiful.

Haffner

Quote from: Renfield on January 17, 2009, 11:03:22 AM
I've never been to Nafplion; but I never knew it was that beautiful.

Ditto. Fantastic, inspiring photos.

SonicMan46

Christina's World by Andrew Wyeth, controversial American artist who just died at age 91 y/o - probably one of his most famous paintings below; not too long ago I saw an excellent exhibition of his 'Helga' works (many media), of which he did numerous ones over a 15-year period.  :)

Bogey

Quote from: SonicMan on January 08, 2009, 07:21:06 PM
Our Menorah on 'our' last night w/ all candles burning - a yearly event for us this time of the year; now, I know that Hanukkah has ended but we're never home 8 nights in a row for dinner, so just extend the experience - Susan orders 'hand-made' candles which burn evenly and w/ no drippings - the Menorah is beautifully made (she now has about a half dozen  - kind of a mini-collection, but this is the one that we've used for a while) -  :)

Very nice Dave.
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

DFO

Beautiful

ezodisy

rebuilt old bridge in Mostar, Bosna and Herzegovina

for different angle

vandermolen

St Paul's in the Blitz:
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

ezodisy

Landscape in the Mist - Angelopoulos

god what a film this is

Opus106

That last one (mist), I like.
Regards,
Navneeth

ezodisy

Quote from: opus67 on January 21, 2009, 06:50:46 AM
That last one (mist), I like.

yeah me too. And when you see the mist lifting accompanied by this music....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TxnIIegjNok

Dax

Dax