Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opus106

^

Love it! ;D

What language is it, by the way, spelling Mahler without the H?
Regards,
Navneeth

Wanderer

Quote from: ezodisy on January 21, 2009, 06:31:27 AM
Landscape in the Mist - Angelopoulos

god what a film this is

The first one shows Thessaloniki's seafront; (one end of) Aristotle Square lies between the two buildings with the columnades and extends uphill towards the Byzantine basilica of St. Demetrius. You can't tell from the picture but it's actually a very nice spot.

ezodisy

Quote from: opus67 on January 22, 2009, 07:55:12 AM
^

Love it! ;D

What language is it, by the way, spelling Mahler without the H?

Hungarian, no?

Quote from: Wanderer on January 22, 2009, 08:28:10 AM
The first one shows Thessaloniki's seafront; (one end of) Aristotle Square lies between the two buildings with the columnades and extends uphill towards the Byzantine basilica of St. Demetrius. You can't tell from the pict
ure but it's actually a very nice spot.

I'm sure it's lovely

Opus106

Quote from: ezodisy on January 22, 2009, 08:49:20 AM
Hungarian, no?

I also just noticed the Z after the S in Szyfonia. So, likely.

Regards,
Navneeth

Dax

Quote from: ezodisy on January 21, 2009, 10:53:21 AM
haha wtf?

Japanese acoustic locators from the 1930s - one of those figures is supposed to be Hirohito.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_tuba

Sorry to disappoint those who thought it was a still from The Jericho Project . . .

greg

This is ludicrous! Why can't I?  >:(  :'(

Lilas Pastia

Mercifully this grinning brave is not standing on guard... :D

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth

SonicMan46

Well, did not want to start a 'new thread' on this topic, i.e. horse riding, but below is my most recent aquisition purchased by my wife today!  Yes, a helmet to wear while riding a horse!  :o 8)

Last year, Susan (the LOML) started to take horse lessons (in Piedmont North Carolina, there are plenty of opportunities) - why?  Well, we take many long weekend trips to the ocean & the mountains, and there are plenty of chances for us to do many activities, including riding horses; she had no experience & I've not ridden horses since my teen years (40+ yrs ago!) - HELP, should I do this!

Friday, we are going for a 'horse lesson' (my second - she has had a half dozen so far, but I'm the better 'athletic learner') - now I'll have my own helmet - thrilled!  Now I do love the beauty of horses, their fabulous history w/ humans, and their character - looking forward to the experience (despite my age!).

At the end of this month, we are taking a short vacation to northern Florida (Ponte Vedra, south of Jacksonville) - we'll be visiting St. Augustine (the oldest European city on the USA continent - have not been there in 20+ yrs) - guess what?  The resort we are staying at offers horse riding on the beaches, so I guess that I'll be packing that helmet shown below!  ;) ;D

greg

I designed the South Park characters.  :)

knight66

Well, Greg, one way or another....Gay Cuban Communist....is a lifestyle choice for you and no doubt to be as short lived as a lot of your ideas.

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

greg

Quote from: knight on March 07, 2009, 03:32:10 AM
Well, Greg, one way or another....Gay Cuban Communist....is a lifestyle choice for you and no doubt to be as short lived as a lot of your ideas.

Mike

Gay Cuban Communism Forever!

Brian

The guy in that picture has DISGUSTING fingernails.

nut-job

Quote from: Gay Cuban Communist on March 06, 2009, 07:21:12 PM
this almost makes me not want to be a Gay Cuban Communist anymore...

I'm looking forward to the moment when Greg actually talks to a girl, so he doesn't have to post pictures from web sites anymore.   ::)

greg

Quote from: nut-job on March 07, 2009, 08:12:53 AM
I'm looking forward to the moment when Greg actually talks to a girl, so he doesn't have to post pictures from web sites anymore.   ::)

I talk to girls every single day, whether I want to or not.  :P
They might be adorable, but nothing like the pics I just posted... that's why I have no reason to post their pics.

nut-job

Quote from: Gay Cuban Communist on March 07, 2009, 07:09:43 PM
I talk to girls every single day, whether I want to or not.  :P
They might be adorable, but nothing like the pics I just posted... that's why I have no reason to post their pics.

Every photo you post is a stereotypical docile, submissive adorable child-woman.  Then you patiently explain to us that every girl you come across is to unintelligent to interest you, in a series of a dozen obsessive posts.  Keep up this misogynistic attitude and you'll still be posting these pictures form the old folks home.

greg

Quote from: nut-job on March 08, 2009, 08:55:14 AM
Every photo you post is a stereotypical docile, submissive adorable child-woman.  Then you patiently explain to us that every girl you come across is to unintelligent to interest you, in a series of a dozen obsessive posts.  Keep up this misogynistic attitude and you'll still be posting these pictures form the old folks home.

You have a point- though the thing is, I don't know many- just the same few that I talk to consistently. Let's keep this to this thread, though:

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php?action=post;topic=1590.280;num_replies=293

i'm feeling compelled to write an essay.  :P

knight66

Quote from: Gay Cuban Communist on March 08, 2009, 05:22:34 PM
You have a point- though the thing is, I don't know many- just the same few that I talk to consistently. Let's keep this to this thread, though:

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php?action=post;topic=1590.280;num_replies=293

i'm feeling compelled to write an essay.  :P

Please; don't feel compelled to post it on this site.  8)

Mike
DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Opus106

Regards,
Navneeth