Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Lethe on August 21, 2009, 08:43:27 AM
Yip, it's what finally confirmed what I subconsciously already knew - owls are evil.

And they like snacks.

What's that one wolfing down anyway?

The Six

Dr. Dread

SonicMan46

Well, as some of you may know, I'm an amateur woodworking (probably a 'tool collector' would be a better description!) - for years I've owned a number of 'cordless' drills powered by NiCd or NiMH (i.e. Nickel Cadmium or Nickel Metal Halide) batteries - these are a PITA for an occasional WW like me because the charges dissipate quickly, and just when you want to use your drill, the damn batteries are dead!  >:(

So, I've just acquired a new Bosch drill using Lithium Ion batteries - these have been around for a while but I've delayed a purchase until now - I have a number of other 'smaller' lithium battery devices but his one below is a MAJOR replacement for an older Bosch drill - plan to ENJOY!  :D

Now, this post may not interest most, but if you need a drill (and screw driver) and are debating on price, model, and battery type, please respond - this is really a confusing topic for the uninitiated!  :)

Lethevich

Peanut butter, flour and sugar do not make cookies. They make FIRE.

The Six

greg

This is just wrong.  ;D

CD

I thought they banned those sort of cartoons.

greg

Quote from: corey on September 10, 2009, 02:42:41 PM
I thought they banned those sort of cartoons.
I don't know if they did or not, but I can see why it would be considered.

Quote from: The Six on September 08, 2009, 05:46:57 PM

After seeing this, I had to go to lamebook... reading the past entries, I'm on page 40 or so.

greg

especially the last one  :D

greg

sounds fun

Opus106

I underestimated the size of those little red-and-white strips.

That's Rubens Barrichello, if you were wondering.
Regards,
Navneeth

Opus106

Karl might like this picture for its extra-astronomical associations. ;)

Presenting The Rite of Spring

[Click on image for HUGE-er version]

Such a stunning view! The lighting is so soft that it almost looks like it was taken in a photo studio.

An equally illuminating article.

Regards,
Navneeth

DavidW

Motivated by Greg on another thread--

;D

SonicMan46

Currently reading the October issue of Our State North Carolina magazine which contains a lot of 'fall' pics, esp. from the mountains; included was one of the Linn Cove Viaduct (shown below in glorious fall colors) - this is an engineering marvel finished in 1983 as the last segment completed of the Blue Ridge Parkway - short Wiki Article HERE:)

This 'free-floating' bridge curves around Grandfather Mountain and is a glorious (and too short) drive which I've done many times; there is also a 'Visitor's Center' w/ a presentation of the building of this structure; in addition, a mountain path takes one beneath the viaduct which gives you a great view and appreciation of its construction.  A sight not to be missed along the Blue Ridge Parkway -  :D

Lilas Pastia

This drive looks fantastic. What a breathtaking view !

SonicMan46

Quote from: Lilas Pastia on September 24, 2009, 03:31:39 PM
This drive looks fantastic. What a breathtaking view !

Good evening AndrĂ© - just over 1200 ft. long but a beautiful drive (I usually turn around and do the trip a few times from both directions!) - the side stop @ the Visitor's Center & the walk underneath is worth a visit!  Dave  :D